Around the Corner

We're in this interesting phase of life where things are CONSTANTLY changing.  In the last 2 months we've have 15+ people stay with us in some capacity and most recently had a friend and her two "spawn" as she likes to call them stay with us for two weeks.

So many things have happened.. my heart has been through so many emotions but I just haven't been in a place where I felt comfortable really diving into those at the moment... mostly because my life for the past 2 months has been very actively tied up in the struggles of others and I have no business talking about any of their issues.  So I've stayed quiet.

In the past month at least I have gone from complete rage at being so mistreated by our former agency to depression over losing our girls and missing my A to seriously questioning God and asking if I'm even supposed to be a mom to finally rejoicing and resting in the fact that He is our hope and regardless of what children do or do not come into our lives that will not change..

... but I just have this feeling that they're coming.  We finally finished our THIRD home study in as many years.  We're approved and our social worker is actively searching for our babies.. but as any adoptive mama will tell you we don't do well just sitting.  So on Thursday I asked if there was anything more we could do.. and there was.

So Thursday night I convinced Steve to sit with me and print out 122 profiles, hand address 122 envelopes and help me get ready to pretty much mail bomb can I say bomb??  every Social Services and Human Services Dept. in the state of VA.  I mailed them all off yesterday with incredibly joy in my heart..  I even started telling everyone in the post office what we were doing because I was that overcome with the hope and joy that has taken over.

We are approved for up to 4 children and have chosen to consider ages 0-12.  Does that sound crazy.. maybe a little.. but we like crazy.  I'm aware that being open to 4 children creates intense opinions in everyone and that's ok.. just remember that we don't make decisions based on emotion and this has not been a quick process.  We've had almost 3 years in this process to test ourselves, see our strengths and weaknesses and we don't make any decision lightly.  With all that said we sure can use your prayers!

Speaking of praying I'm going to end with that.  I am asking people to specifically pray for those 122 letters that have gone out.  Pray they get into the right hands, pray for our social worker as she works on matches for us and most importantly pray our kiddos hearts will be insulated and protected and that they can not lose hope.

Mommy and Daddy are coming my loves.  I truly believe our next chapter is right around the corner!

Comments