What the Heck Is Going On??!!?!?

If you're friends with me on facebook you probably have seen a lot of posts about getting the house ready, making trips to Ikea for furniture, painting, painting and more painting.

Well.. do you remember last Friday when we asked people to pray about our training?  Well you really must have been praying!!

We went to an orientation on Monday for our new agency.  We had already been told we couldn't start training yet though because we were only doing adoption and not foster care or foster to adopt.  While we were at training we began talking to her about the timeline.  God really started banging away at our hearts as she was talking about fostering to adopt.  Literally seconds before I could ask the question Steve asked her when we could start if we did foster to adopt instead of just adoption.  The answer was "Tomorrow".

We both just kinda stared at each other for a second and then Steve said "We'll see you tomorrow".  I was in shock and SO excited.  I really have to explain the miracle that had just taken place there.

What we went through losing the twins was both traumatic and life changing.  Steve came away with the decision that we would not go through anything like that again.  We would not go into a situation where we could potentially lose the child.  It was 7 months ago that all of that happened and I LOVE that God has so drastically changed things up 7 months later and right as we're going into the 7th month of the year which is also our 7 year anniversary!!  7 is such an important number to Steve and I.  It's God's perfect number and we have seen a lot of things happen throughout our life that had to do with the number seven.  

So, the fact that Steve was the one saying we were going to change our plan and go with foster to adopt was SUCH a God moment.  It showed just how much God has changed our hearts over the last 7 months.  We don't know if the kids we bring home will be ours for a moment or a lifetime.  We won't have that guarantee when they first come home.  We WILL have the promise that God makes all things new, restores what is broken, lost and used up and that HE will sustain us.  Those are things we can and will hold on to.

I am going into this new journey with my eyes wide open (or more open anyway).  I am expecting to be challenged beyond imagine, to have my heart broken and for it to be hard at times.  But I'm not afraid of challenges, broken hearts or hard times anymore.  I've been through all of that and come out on the other side KNOWING He IS faithful.

The last 4 months God has provided us a new home, money to cover sudden expenses, food to cover all the people he brings to be fed and blessing after blessing.  I am EXCITED that we get to be used in this way!

So right now we are FRANTICALLY finishing up house projects that we thought we had a year to finish.  We have to have the home ready for kids to live in BEFORE this home study which means in the next three weeks I will have painted 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 laundry room, 1 kitchen, 1 living room.  We will have put together 3 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 bathroom.

I am a little NUTS these days so if you see me, come over to help or call please have a little grace if I'm weird, off my rocker or snappy.  It's a lot to process... but it's all GOOD!!!

Comments

Esther said…
Wow! This is so exciting! I will be praying for you and all the crazies going on. (I can empathize!) :)
Katie said…
Thanks Esther!! I know you know all about the crazies :)
Anonymous said…
I'll be praying for you! I was a foster child that was adopted at the age of 9. My husband and I can't wait to start that journey ourselves. God Bless You! (I can't find you on fb).
Katie said…
Thanks!! We really can use all the prayer we can get right now! This journey has taught us so much but it definitely has been the most difficult time of waiting ever. I can't wait to see where He's taking us.