Move It

The hard moments in life are the ones that change us; they mold us into a closer image of the one we worship.  Hard moments also very accurately show me just how far I am from being even a blurry image of Jesus.

In the last 3 years we've encountered more rejection that we have in the rest of our lives it seems.  I've been told we're almost a good candidate, that we totally miss the mark, that we're unfit and that we're a great fit... just not the right  (insert any reason).  The list goes on but it's become the norm to hear "They went with someone else" in this maddening adoption journey.

I have days where I just push the rejection out of the way and move on to the next thing and I have days like today where I'm just left wondering what the heck the plan is.  I know there is one but man I sure don't see even the next step right now.

Steve just started a new job 3 weeks ago and it's left me with a lot of one on one time with myself because he's working different hours.  I've really started having to think through what I'm supposed to be doing during this season.  I was so convinced we'd have started a family by the time we were in our 30's and while we've had a family for temporary moments along the way nothing permanent... that can mess with a girls head in the low moments.

I will say that one of the most important things I've learned as we've waited is who you have helping you and waiting with you is one of the most important decisions.  Working with the older child workers at Bethany Christian Services has been the most encouraging thing.  They don't give up on us and they keep us holding on when we feel so defeated.  I really cannot recommend these women enough if you're looking to adopt from the foster system.  At the same time I have close friends who ask me how it's going, cry with me and rejoice at the little victories.  It makes all the difference knowing someone cares about the "maybe's" and "who know's" as much as the huge moments.

Today is the last day of Steve and I's 7th year of marriage.  I think back on our 7th year and honestly love who we are now compared to who we where this time last year.  We're healthier, happier and have chickens!  Speaking of chickens.. they are hilarious!!! There is never a dull moment with them... whether it's having them follow behind me like little babies or having them taunt our dogs from the glass door... it's always interesting.... end tangent.

As I close this post I keep thinking about purpose.  We all have it... that purpose that was put deep down in our souls.  Some of us have ignored it for so long we don't hear it's cry very ofter.  Some hear it so loudly but just don't know what to do.  I would encourage you to figure out your purpose, your passion and move towards it.. even if it's one step MOVE!!! We are not created for a mindless existence of tv, things and entertainment.  This life is short and fleeting and we have a purpose.  I'm the queen of procrastination but I'm really trying to listen better and move forward a little each day... even if it's just taking time to let myself think.

So get moving my friends.  I'm right there with you.




Comments