Well Hello There...

It's been so long since I've been on here that I couldn't remember how to find it.

I was asked the other day why I haven't been blogging and I responded "how many ways can I say "hi we're waiting for adoption stuff to move along".  But I decided that it was time to at least update a bit.

This time of year is hard for me usually.  There are a lot of painful memories surrounding failed adoptions and losing kids associated with this time of year.  A few weeks ago I felt myself starting to get sucked into that a bit and decided I needed to put a stop to it.  No more feeling sorry for myself.  No more waiting around aimlessly while I wait for something to finally happen.  It was time to get on with life.

So I began the process of throwing myself into my business more.  I've taken on more shows, rolled out some new products and have several rockin' sales going on right now.  All in all I'm pretty proud of what this little business has become.  Never in a million years would I have imagined it would get this successful in such a small amount of time... and it's FUN... go figure!

So that's the business side of life.. what about the personal?
this is what i look like in my head.

My younger sister is getting married this summer so there has been a LOT of planning and preparation
underway.  And by planning I mean a lot of working out to fit into the dreaded bridesmaid dress (it's beautiful Suz.. i promise!).  It's a destination wedding so things I never had to worry about when I got married are our challenges.. like flights and hotels and how to get as much beach time in as possible... you know, the important stuff!

The most amazing thing that has happened in the last few months is Steve began working from home 4 days a week.  This has been the greatest blessing.  He went from being gone 12hrs a day to being right upstairs.  I may not be typical in this but I really LIKE having him home.  I'm more productive and we laugh a LOT more.. plus I know what he's eating ... muahahaha

This made me laugh!
What's going on in the adoption world?  Well in the next few weeks a story will come out detailing the struggles we and other families have gone through trying to adopt in VA.  It's a little daunting but at the same time we know it's what we're supposed to do.  They came and took pictures of us last week and it was hilarious!  They wanted to capture the "sad" factor of us waiting.. so there was a lot of staring out windows and sitting at an empty table... and trying not to lose it every time the photographer (who was great) said "less smiles Katie"... like that's even possible.

I get the look they were going for but Steve and I just haven't been like that.  Sure we want a family and there are some really, really hard moments while we're waiting.. but we chose a long time ago to find the joy and look at what is GOOD in our life.  Not just focus on what is going wrong.  We have days and sometimes even weeks where we don't do a good job of this but we are not constantly standing at the window looking forlornly out... so when you see the article just give a little chuckle for us at the picture.

As far as where we are with getting a child or children in our home... we have possibilities on the horizon.. we always have them there.  It's just a matter of who we are the best fit for and what door is opened to us.  Be praying because we may be close but we really can't share more than that at this point.

I'm really trying these days to pray more.  I have been in this numb, kinda one sided conversation with God lately (and I haven't been the one talking).  I know it's shocking (sarcasm) but I'm far from figuring out this whole "walking with the Lord" thing.  There are days I feel on top of the world and am so sure of what's to come and then others where there are real doubts about whether God is even real.

On those days of doubt he ALWAYS shows me.  It's pretty amazing actually.  I am the type that see's the details of how something comes together and that's where he shows himself to me.

 It's not in huge,grand gestures.  It's in quiet moments where a
word, action or even the quiet just remind me of who he is.  He's constant when I am not.  He is faithful when my heart wanders.  He holds on to me when my arms are flailing... he is my rock when I don't even know I need an anchor.  I am grateful for the Lord's perseverance in pursing this wayward heart.  He never gives up.


So that's a little of where we are.  Hopeful abandon and staying busy while we try to keep our ear turned to what his will would be for us.  I have a feeling it's going to shock us all.

Be Blessed!




Comments