We're Still Here

Things are slowly taking shape over at the new house.  I absolutely love living here!! It's incredibly peaceful, we had 5 deer running through our back yard the other day and it's one step closer to bringing our kids home and seeing our family grow.

While I'm thinking about it HUGE shout out to my lovely sister Jennifer!!!  She was with me most of the time Thursday through Tuesday.  I could not have accomplished a fraction of what I have if she hadn't been helping me!!  Jenni, you are wonderful and such a huge help!  I have loved getting to spend so much time with you after you've been gone for so long and I love the person you're becoming!!


Well this coming Tuesday Steve and I are going to be sharing our story with Living Out Loud in Fusion.  I'm very excited about this but also a little nervous as we've seen the spiritual warfare really ramping up over the last week.  Side Note: If you just read that and rolled your eyes at how crazy I sound that's OK.  Steve and I both believe that just like there are angels there are also demons and they like to make things uncomfortable for the children of God. 

So Saturday my car had to go in the shop for a electrical problem.  We have been without it since then and just got the news that it will cost just under $1500.00 to fix.  This was heartbreaking news as the only place we had that much was our adoption savings.  After talking about it and praying we decided that was how we would pay for this... we are trusting that God will continue to provide as adoption money is needed! 

Tuesday morning Steve came home sicker than I've seen him in three years. Tuesday night I joined Steve in the "sick party" and we were pathetic together.   Today Steve finally went back to work but he's hurting and I'm feeling much better. 

This morning I came downstairs to find out the washing machine had leaked all night and the laundry room was flooded and we can't figure out how to hook up our dryer.

This all aren't too huge an issue on their own but together they created a perfect storm of a lot of unexpected hits to our finances and a lot of emotional attacks.....

And I say it's all worth it... if one person hears our story next Tuesday and it challenges them then all this craziness is worth it! 

So I guess all of that to say that we're still here and we're not giving up. 

I've been thinking a lot about our future kids this morning and wondering where they are and if they are safe and secure.  I've chosen to enjoy this "quiet" time before our family grows but my heart calls me back to thinking of them often.... and that includes the twins.  They will always be a part of our family even if it's only in our heart.

Anyways, lots going on and so I need to get back to it!

Be Blessed and Stay Strong!!


Comments