Waiting Gracefully... lol.

You'd think that at this point in our adoption/marriage/life journey I'd be the most patient person you've ever met.. like Ghandi or something...

lol.. ok sorry.. I just stopped and stared at that sentence and internally laughed for a minute.  I am still SO impatient.  I mean.. I get impatient with my impatience.  I think it's safe to say this is a character trait that is not going to easily go away.. if it ever will.  I'm the girl who is always ready to jump to action.  I don't like to sit and wait, I don't like to "cultivate my character".  I just want to be ready to go when I want to be ready and that's all there should be to it.

... but then there's the fact that I surrendered every aspect of this crazy life to God when I was 15 and so I don't always get to jump when I'm ready.  A lot of times I get to sit and wait like the kid who has to go the doctor's before they can go to the toy store.  This kid NEEDS to go to the Dr. but really WANTS to go to the toy store...

There's no news or updates on the adoption front other than we've been told there's some "maybe's" but those usually take months to find out the outcome so we are waiting.

There have been blessings as we wait.  We had some health things raise their annoying heads over the last few months and we've had time to figure out the cause and how to take care of them.  That would be way harder with littles... We've had time to work on business (both mine and his) and get a little more grounded and we've had time to have a few freak outs along the way (really that's just mostly me).

I'm really ready for Spring.  We had two days this past week that were glorious and it was a spring "teaser".  All I did those days was work in the yard or plan what I would do in the yard when it got warmer.  In the next month I'll be buying chickens!!!  This is a dream that has been a long time coming and I can't wait!  Since I'm also a girl who likes to plunge in over my head I also approached Steve about goats and a pig.. he wisely shook his head and walked away before I could continue :)... but they'd be so CUTE!

Anyways, all is well in the Day house.  We're mostly waiting gracefully, excitedly planning for Spring and what's to come and singing our hearts out in the process!

Be Blessed!


Comments