Shenanigans....Is that spelled right???

This past weekend was full of fun!!! So much fun that by Sunday we were both so exhausted we realized we need to break this habit of going until we can't move :)

Friday I got to go to my dear friend Mya's house for a 31 bag party.  If you don't know what that is and you are a person who likes bags and organization and pretty things you would love this company!  I had so much fun just getting together with women and talking each other's ears off as we looked at bags!!!  Good thing Steve sent me there with a strict budget... it meant I only went 8 dollars over :)

As we were all leaving to head home I realized how little I've had that lately.... the time with women just talking.  Time with women where I can simply talk freely, laugh and just be myself!  Don't get my wrong, I'm always myself... I don't know how to be anyone else but you know what I mean... we all have varying degrees of "ourselves" and we let some see more than others.  Well that night I didn't even think I just was and that was a nice feeling!  It made me realize I need more of that!

Saturday, I got up and headed to hot yoga.  I have been amazed to see how quickly I've begun to lose weight with this.  I'm excited but a little frustrated that the clothes I have are starting to no longer fit or become a tent....I know, I know "stop complaining Katie" but this is my blog so I can complain a little :)


Saturday night we went to the concert Steve talked about on Monday.  It was a lot of fun getting back to our roots a bit.  We both were in bands when we met and for the first several years of our relationship we both were playing in local bars and very involved with the music scene.  It's changed so much, as have we.  It was nice though to go see someone who was the essence of everything we hoped for.  An indie-rock folk feel but one that completely and utterly praises the name of Jesus Christ.  We both have come away totally inspired to push forward with our dreams and to strive to be as honest, raw and passionate as we can in whatever music comes from our heart.


We got home late Sat. night and quickly passed out only to find the morning greet us way to soon.  Sunday was a day of reflection, challenges and encouragement.  At the end of the day, at the 6pm service we saw so much beauty in the bride of Christ.  We saw people come together to worship and we worship as one.

I'm going to keep right on going into Monday because I didn't write anything Monday.  You know how several paragraphs up I wrote about how I haven't had much time to spend with Christian women lately.  Well Monday I got to get together with 4 other women and just talk.  All were married and in somewhat similar stages... although mine is a little behind theres :)  It was good to talk, share our feelings, worries and triumphs all over coffee, tea and fondue! At the end of the night I came away knowing I could say anything to these women and it would be ok.  I feel the end of a season of being heavily guarded coming to a close!

I'll close this post with some verses that have really been challenging me lately.  I've been meditating on the same few over the last month and God is really hitting me in the heart about that if I am humble there I will find his grace.  If I am not I'll fall flat on my face ;p  yes I know that rhymed!!!  So read, soak up and enjoy.  Oh, and one last thought.  We went to our friends Dalton and Lindsey's house last night and he said something that made me stop and think.  "a quiet time is staying in the scripture until God speaks to you.  It might be 5 minutes or it might be 2 hours."  That DEFINITELY made me stop and think.... how often do I really wait for God to speak to me?

soak it up!

Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely? But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."  James 4:4-6


Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the Earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!  Psalm 11:1-2   


 *there is nothing in those verses that suggests a passive worship or relationship with our Lord.  We are to physically praise him!!! This requires action!*





Peel back our ribs again
and stand inside of our chest.
We just wanna' love you
We just wanna' love you

Peel back the veil of time
And let us see You with our naked eyes
We just wanna' love you
We just wanna' love you

We want your blood to flow inside our body
We want your wind inside our lungs
We just wanna' love you
We just wanna' love you

Skeleton bones stand at the sound of eternity
On the lips of the found
And gravestones roll
To the rhythm of the sound of you
Skeleton bones stand at the sound of eternity
On the lips of the found
So separate those doors
And let the son of resurrection in.

Oh let us adore the
Son of Glory drenched in love
Open up your gates before him
Crown Him, stand Him up

- John Mark McMillan

Comments

Brennan said…
Katie, what a nice post. I had alot of fun last Friday too. I just told Charlie last night that I was afraid of lossing the frendships I was just forging if we go to a new church.