A few of my favorite things...

So every once and awhile people talk to me about my diet and health choices.  I haven't posted much about that on here but will "talk" a little about it today :)

It's so important to us to eat as naturally as we can, to know what's going into our bodies and to be educated about what is best and how we can make better choices.  A little less than 2 years ago we were so unhealthy!  I have a condition called PCOS.  Basically it's a large factor in my infertility and weight issues.  One of the huge side effects is the impact sugar has on my body.  It destroys it... well it destroys everyone's bodies but mine responds even more.  Sugar is an addictive substance, our bodies can develop a dependency on it... mine had.  By 3pm most days I was useless.  I was exhausted, emotional, moody and over weight.  It was awful.  Thankfully my mother introduced me to a way of eating that has set me on a path of better health and fuller life.  She introduced me to Kat James and her amazing way of eating. Most of the time we eat a high fat diet... yes you read correctly.  There are so many reasons and so many health benefits that I don't want to bore you with but it's changed so much for us.  We don't eat sugar.... now there are times where we're in situations where we just have to deal with what we have and we do but when we have a say it's high fat and no sugar.  We use natural sweeteners that don't have the same impact white,  processed sugar has.   



Another thing that is really important to me is our meat and dairy.  Grass fed beef is so important!!!  It's high in Omega 3's and is not full of the chemicals and antibiotics that many commercial beefs are full of.  We buy from a local farm called Pampatike Hill Farms.  We met the family that owns this farm at the Yorktown farmer's market this past season.  Tesi and her father Garth are amazing people and have treated us so well!  We value them and their meat is out of this world!!!  We also buy free range eggs from them when we can.  The color is unlike anything I'd ever seen.  When I first started using their eggs I was shocked!!!  I didn't know eggs were supposed to look like this!

Lately I've started looking into herbs and how they can be used.  I came across a company called Bulk Herb Store.  It's a Christian company and their website is full of helpful hints, instructional videos and exceptional quality herbs.  This past weekend I made several tinctures and salves and am so excited about them!  This is a picture of the salve I just made with beeswax, herbs and coconut oil.  I'm so excited about this!




And lastly, I recently discovered this website.  It teaches white, clueless mamas everything they need to know about their baby's curly locks... I'm really excited to start learning to master this when the kidlets get home!


Anyway, these are just some of the things we love and help us live a cleaner and more natural life!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Love to all!

Comments

We love our chickens and the fresh eggs! ;)

And I've heard about the Bulk Herb Store but never ordered, nor realized they were a Christian company. Gonna make a list with Jes tonight! I see several videos on homesteading among other great things. Thanks! ;)
Katie said…
I have been so happy with the stuff I've gotten from them and their tutorials are amazing! They are a little extreme fundamentalist from what I've seen but I don't mind that cause they're product is great and they don't ram that down your throat... I've just observed it :)