Scattered Weekend Update

Last week Steve and I didn't do much productive outside of our normal responsibilities.  We were recovering from a crazy, crazy, CRAZY Christmas season!  By the weekend though we were starting to come back to life and were able to look around our house and realize a time bomb had gone off!!!  Well we didn't get it all sorted but we did start. Tomorrow's post is on some of my favorite things so I'll talk more about the herbs there but I got a lot of herbs for Christmas.  I love herbs.  I love making things from them and using them to heal and make the body and mind better!  When we first moved into our house we discovered mason jars up in our attic.... not just mason jars but hundreds of mason jars in all sizes and shapes.  We didn't know what to do with them but this weekend we figured out a purpose for some.... tinctures, salves and herb storage!  More on those things later!  So part of the weekend was spent hauling some down to clean so I could organize and store my herbs... sounds simple I know but it took several hours to get it all done!  But that was Sat... let me get back to Friday, our date night :)
I got a im Fri. afternoon from this hot guy asking me if I'd like to join him at a local German restaurant that night.  Of course I said YES.. I mean who wouldn't... it was Steve Day and like oh my gosh he's so dreamy :p.  So S.D.  showed up at my door with flowers and a card and whisked me off to Das Waldcafe or something like that... I don't know it was in German.  We dined on German delicacies like bratwurst and spatzel.  It was all delicious and I felt good about knowing we were helping out local economy... score one for us!  After dinner the elusive Mr. D (if you can name that movie reference only it was "Mr. F" in the movie I will forever love you!) took me to see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".  I don't know about anyone else but I grew up on the BBC versions of the Chronicles of Narnia.  I loved them and they were such a part of my childhood.  It's been so fun to see the movies take on a new life and the graphics... oh my I cannot say enough about them!  All in all it was a lovely date night!  We discovered a new restaurant and just enjoyed being together!

Like I said Sat. was a project day and we got lots done but still have so much to do.  We were looking around the house at all the projects we need to finish by March and decided we're going to need to have a project party with some dear friends we know would just lovvvvvve to come and help us :)  We've got so much coming up!

2 months the house goes on the market and hopefully with God's help will sell PRONTO!
4 months we take a long weekend and go to FL to see mom and dad Day!
5 months we will hopefully have sold our current house and be moving into our new, roomier soon to be kid filled house :)
6 months I head to Africa for 2 weeks with my favorite 18 year old boy in the entire universe!
7 months we celebrate 6 years of marriage and turn in our adoption application

Between now and July I may get a few gray hairs :)  I'm trusting God in all of this though.  I have seen him moving all over the place lately and know he's got this!

Love to all!

Comments