Yellowstone Pt. 2

Our second full day at Yellowstone was our day to snowmobile into the park.  I cannot begin to describe how beautiful, exciting and breathtaking this experience was.  Snow everywhere, mountains rising in the distance, bison and elk roaming at their leisure, trees heavy with snow.  It was amazing!  You cannot go into the park in the winter without a guide so we met ours at 8am.  Nick was such a great guide and we were so glad we had him.  He let my brother play a bit and was just laid back the entire day!  It was so extremely cold yesterday... I've never been in cold like that.  When we started out the day the temp. was -15.... yes you saw that right NEGATIVE 15!!!  But don't worry it did get up to a high of FOUR that afternoon.  It's the weirdest feeling to feel the inside of your nose freezing!!!  We were all bundled up in so many layers!!!  This day was much different than the day before.  We had to stay in a single file line, had a speed limit and a slew of other rules we needed to follow while in the park but the images I have in my mind make all the "rules" well worth it.  It was a very isolated activity.  We all had our own sleds and were completely bundled.  It was funny later that night to hear everyone's stories of how they were singing at the top of their lungs because they knew no one could hear them :)  I def. got a different perspective on what a quiet time can be.  The whole day I was immersed in God's amazing creation... creation he made to reveal his greatness and to bring his children joy.  I experienced great joy just resting in the fact that even the trees were shouting out that Jesus is King!!!  Here are some pictures from our day in the park!!!


brother, Steve and nick our guide

mom and me




breath taking!

me!  The only part of me that wasn't covered in layers was my eyes :)




in case you can't tell that's Steve :)


bison coming out of the water


my studly brother!


love them!



we came around the turn and this view took my breath away!!!

Bison... seriously he was right next to us!


end of a great day!

love to all!

Comments