Happenings in the Day House... and other random tidbits of information :)


Life is crazy and beautiful and messy right now!  I feel like this is just the beginning though :).  I've been sick since Monday and coupled with the fact that my computer broke at home it has been very hard to find time to blog... but I think about it all the time... that has to count for something!  I decided that I would not go with a topic for this post but just update on some of the things that have been doing on!  So here it goes!

We are two days away from our yard sale... yes TWO days!!!  I cannot believe it's here and I cannot believe how un-ready I am! I mean it will be wonderful and go very well.  I know this but we don't function well in chaos... in life yes.. in our home not. at. all.  You cannot move in our house.  There are bags on top of bags and boxes stacked halfway up the wall.  You cannot go out our back door because there is so much stuff piled there... I'm telling you Saturday our house will seem HUGE because of all the space we will suddenly have again!!  But every time we start to get overwhelmed we take a step back and just breath and thank God that he has put so many people in our path that for some reason WANT to be a part of our story.  Wow... really we have become so overwhelmed by the amount of support we have received over the last few weeks.  People we don't know are stepping up and helping us... it's humbling and reminds us every time that God is in this.  He really is... I am not kidding when I say EVERY time I start to panic and think "how are we going to raise $24,000" someone puts a check in my hand or donates online... I'm serious... every time!  So if you are one of those people and I just seem a little emotional it's because God used you at that moment to remind me very lovingly and patiently that he's in this and he has a plan and his plan is so exciting and is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I've always believed that it takes a community to raise a child and I'm seeing that in such a real way right now!!!

Our friend Justin came to stay with us a week ago.  We love when he comes!!!  You know those people that you don't see for awhile but when you do you just pick up where you left off?  Justin is like that!  He's laid back and flexible enough to come stay in our house when there is NO room and help us with our yard sale.  He's one of Steve's best friends and I love when he's here!  Huge shout out to Justin who is also mowing our grass at this moment... you rock my friend!


Over the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about friendships and relationships in general.  Relationships are hard.  You have two imperfect people trying to be a part of each other's life... and usually we see the other person's faults a whole lot clearer than we see our own... My prayer has been that I can see my own and let go of the others.  I don't want to hold onto grudges or be upset.  I have amazing friends in my life.. women that I consider sisters.. not friends.  Now I know you guys are reading this right now.. NO I am not now nor was I holding a grudge against any of you :). It's just something I was thinking about as a chapter of my life closed last week.  I won't go into that at all here other than to say I learned through some very tough lessons over the last year and a half about what I value in a friend and it's beautiful when you find that!  



On the other side of relationships I love my husband.... "that's great Katie.. you should..." I know that's what you were thinking... but I love him more each day. As we have grown and gone through our trials I have seen us grow closer together not further apart!  I love that!  I really love this period of our relationship.  The waiting and planning.  The stress and exhaustion... (some times).  There is a hopefulness and a joy even when we are completely and utterly exhausted.  I've begun planning our nursery/baby room in my head over the last week and I am so excited to see it all come together!!  My favorite color these days is green and all I will say right now is there will be a whole lot of it in this room :).



We made a banner for the yard sale on Tuesday.  Two of my best friends came, brought their families and helped me make it!  I am not artistic in a drawing and painting sense... that is not my strong point.  I can put designs together, I can create a room, I am artistic... until you put a brush or pen in my hand and tell me to draw... so lucking both Mya and Erin are very artistic so I gave them the brush and pen and sat and talked :)  I LOVE the outcome of the banner... so cute!



I leave for Kenya one month from today!!!  My brother and I will be gone for two weeks and I CANNOT WAIT!!!  It will be an amazing adventure and I will get to love on some babies to my hearts content.  I am thrilled!!! 

We will be completing our homestudy in the next month.  That means that before I leave for Kenya we will have a $7000.00 check due for the adoption.  I am so excited about this and really am not thinking to much about the money.. .at least not today :).  The amazing, exciting thing is when the home study is done WE GET PUT IN THE POOL FOR A BABY!!!  So what that also means is then the waiting begins!!  I can wait... really I can.... really... no I'm serious....


I get to see one of my favorite people in the whole world next week.  My sister.  It is bittersweet though because my other favorite will not be there.  My sister Jennifer is so wonderful and I miss her so much.. .I miss them both but will see Suz next week... Jen it's killing me that I don't get to see you.  I would pay to have you here if I could afford it :(

Last thought for today... I love this period of my life.  Even when I'm tired and overwhelmed.  Even when I am sick and can't stop coughing.  I look at Steve and I look around our house and I see the overwhelming examples of your love.  You have loved us and have helped us get that much closer to bringing home our baby... because of that you will always be a part of us!

love to all!

Comments