The Beginning of Things to Come

Greetings Friends,

wow it's been a week!  HUGE shout out to my dear friends Jes and Rob who welcomed their little Annie into the world this week!  Jes, she looks just like you! That's two amazing babies ya'll have brought into this world and I've loved watching as ya'll have made choices and raised Ellie and now Annie!  Ya'll are great parents!

So this past weekend was a "Standing on the Promises" service at our church.  We are in the middle of a building program and all went into the new building to write scripture EVERYWHERE on the in progress building.  It was such a neat idea and I loved seeing every age out there writing scripture.  His word is so powerful!  After we had a night service and Steve and I got to help out with the music.  It was so much fun and a definetly new experience being in the "big service". Man that choir can sing! 

I didn't realize until Wed. night that I was starting to run out of gas.... I mean me not my car.  Sunday was an amazing time with friends and family but it was all day, leading 2 services in the morning then practicing all afternoon and singing again that night.  Anyone who's ever been on stage in any capacity knows it takes a lot out of you. More and more worship has become a way for me to sing my heart song to Jesus.  A lot of times it's my all going into it... not always but a lot of the time. 

Wed night we had practice for this coming Sunday, I was surprised at how tired my voice was and how achy my body was in general.  By Thurs I wasn't running out of gas, I had enough to kinda coast until I could get home.  Man... I don't want to stay in that place.  Being so tired that I can't function is not a good thing.  You cant be effective in anything if you're tired all the time... well beyond tired, exhausted! 

My boss (who is awesome) was kind enough to tell me I could come in at 10 today and that is what I did.  I slept in and rested.  I cleaned a bit this am but mostly just moved slowly and I feel so much better!  Tomorrow and for the rest of this weekend Steve and I have determined we will have purposeful rest.  Not sitting on the couch mindlessly watching tv but sitting outside together, walking on the beach, going to the farmers market and maybe some light work on the house!  Our goal is to let both our minds and body rest because it's so easy to take to much on... even if it's good stuff  you're not doing anyone good if you're worn out. 

I am a fan of Kat James, she is the woman who designed the way I eat (that's another post in itself).  She teaches people the most important thing you can give your body is sleep.  More than what food or how much you exercise.  If your body does not get enough sleep you will not be as effective in life.  I'm holding onto that and plan to rest!




So to sum it up... my heart is worship and missions.  I believe the two are intertwined and cannot be without each other.  I want to be effective in both.  I want my heart to shine through in what I sing, say and do.  I cannot be that effective and honest person if I do not give my heart, mind and soul time to rest.  But I also know and am learing that rest is something I can do in Jesus.  Like in Fusion this past week when we all just prayed together.  I sat and rested in the prescence of my Lord that was so thick I was overwhelmed.  There was real rest there! 

So find rest my friends.  You and your family will be better for it!

love to all

Comments

Rob Russo said…
Thanks for the shout out and kind words!

As always, I enjoy reading about the Day's thoughts and adventures on this blog and look forward to the Lord's continual provision in your lives.

God Bless!