Me.

I've been thinking a lot lately about where I've come from, what I've experienced and what I've learned. I grew up with wonderful parents who strived to point me to Jesus every chance they got. One of my most vivid memories is how my dad would read me Bible stories in our Village Green home... I remember hearing how King Solomon was wise....actually the wisest king. My dad read to me how God told him he could ask for anything and his response was to ask for wisdom. That has stayed with me ever since then. I remember as a little girl praying to God and asking him to give me wisdom.


Another memory I have is how I was so afraid of the dark! I was always convinced something was coming out of the closet or just the dark in general scared me. My parents battled this in such a great way! They didn't tell me to get over it instead they got me a little glow in the dark plaque that said "I will trust in the Lord and not be afraid." It had a little dog on it and I remember nights where I would feel afraid I would open my eyes and see those words starring back at me. It was such a comfort and became an anthem for me even now when I begin to feel afraid.

My parents have always pointed me back to scripture, back to the cross and back to Jesus. My prayer and hope when our little babies get here is that my actions will do the same. I credit the strong foundation I have in my Jesus to my parents constant reminders, devotion to His stories and ceaseless love! They showed me Jesus in a way that made me fall in love with him and want to serve him with everything in my being!

My mom talked to me today and told me she's started praying for our little ones. There was such a peace in my heart hearing that from her. It said so much more than I think she's aware of. It said we support your decision and even more than that we are falling in love with these little ones just like you are. Thank you mom for that. It was a priceless gift you gave me today. You gave me the knowledge and assurance that just as you prayed for me and laid that foundation in me you will be doing the same for my babies and helping me with that foundation!

I have been thinking a lot about who I am. I am a child of God. I am a believer in Jesus Christ and everything else flows from that. I have really been trying to be diligent with my journaling and prayer lately. I've started to notice a tenderness growing in me the more I pray and it's exciting to see Jesus answering my prayers. Pastor said this Sunday how we pray and pray for answers but then are shocked when God answers. That has stuck with me in such a powerful way. I shouldn't be surprised when God shows up and answers. I shouldn't be surprised when he provides before we even know we need it. I should rest in the fact that he is my dad, my abba and just like my earthly daddy gave and wants to give me everything...which I accept freely and am not surprised by I want to do the same with my Abba. I want to freely accept and rest in his love and assurance that he's good, he's all powerful and he loves me deeply!

Love to all!

Comments