Can't believe it's over

I am sitting in the airport, waiting for our final flight that will take us home. It's a surreal experience.... this trip being mostly over. I feel like it just began, I feel like it became my normal, I have learned things that I want to implement into my daily life, I have realized things that need to change, I have seen love in a different light than ever before.... I have been blessed by this trip.

One of the biggest things I have seen with this trip was how God surrounded me with godly, supportive, wonderful people who lifted me up when the day was bad, encouraged me and modeled lives that I want to emulate. I saw and met people who love Jesus with all their heart, are not perfect but do not settle for the American "normal". They are living proof that life can be an adventure, fulfilling, drama free and peaceful...even in the face of heart breaking circumstances.

I think I have let myself get drawn into incredibly stressful situations in the past year because of my desire to help and that nurturing "i'm made to be a mama" thing. I learned over these last 2 1/2 weeks that there is another way to live... A better way to live. Where i am supportive and sympathetic but dont bear others burdens to the point that I am stressed and not functioning or handling my own issues.

I've realized we have a lot of changes coming to our family in the next few months. It would be a shame if I allowed this cycle I've been in cloud those first moments with my child or children. If I allowed this cycle to take away from Steve and I's final months as "just us".

This doesn't mean I don't want to be there for my friends or support them when they are going through a difficult time... But from this point on I will strive to support them and walk alongside them but not make their issues my own. Does this make sense? I'm running on little sleep and have so many thoughts racing through my head!!

Anyways, I'm excited to be home soon! To jump into things and to sing again!!! It's been weeks!!!

Be blessed my friends!

Comments