All in

A day is coming when I will be able to sit down and write a post while my precious babies are sleeping (they sleep an average of 3 hours at nap time).


A day is coming when I can cook a meal... a real dinner and we can eat it together (I haven't cooked consistently for two years)


A day is coming where I have no idea what I am doing (not that I do right now really)

We have a LOT going on in the next few weeks.  One of our best friends (Steve's Canadian "boyfriend") is in town for the holidays, we have Christmas parties, I have a big work event tonight and another in two weeks, court dates and oh yeah... we become parents.



The beginning of December we begin a new chapter.  The chapter where we focus on slowing down, pulling things in and learning to be a family.  I can already tell you that while I am so excited and so ready... I'm also scared.  I don't want to disappear and never hear from anyone again.  I am so excited but also nervous.

I've never been a mom and it's not a baby where we can learn together... it's toddlers who have already had a lot of life experiences and more than I could ever dream.  So I'm jumping in, eyes wide and heart open.  I'm praying to God that he carries us through and I know he will... I also know the first few months of being a family may be some of the hardest, most beautiful thing we've ever done.  So I'm scared but I'm all in and wouldn't change that for a minute.

Keep us in your prayers as we begin to prepare for Court on Dec. 1st.  This will be the hearing for joint-custody with the girls grandma.  We will file for adoption later in 2012 after we have worked through the legal side of things.

Hope everyone is well and gearing up for this wonderful holiday season!

Comments