...

I've realized I start a LOT of blog posts with "so...".  I guess I just like to feel like I'm in a conversation with someone, starting back where we left off. 

SO the last two months have been a whirlwind of emotions.  I mean we go from waiting for a baby to maybe having twins to not having twins to having them again and then working full time and leading worship to doing all of that and parenting on the weekends.  It's been insane!  I can tell my body and mind are starting to react to the constant change and stress of it all.  Yes it's been amazing and I'm not complaining at all.. ok maybe a little... but I'm ready to stop all the back and forth of two different lives and begin this new one where we find our way through all our passions and see what comes of it.


I talk about adoption a LOT right now.  Since this is a blog about our life sometimes I try and mix it up but honestly that's what almost all of our free energy goes into right now so most of what I write will be about that for the next few weeks.

On a faith note.. there are some who have told me their praying for me and many who I just know are praying for us.  Please don't stop.  The emotional and spiritual attacks on my family have increased 10 fold in the last two months.  I don't know what you believe but we believe in a living, active spiritual realm and have seen that active in our life recently.  We've seen things come out of us that we've never seen before, we've felt emotions and despair and loneliness like we've never felt before, we've just seen a lot... let's leave it at that.  In all of it we have felt the prayers of the faithful lifting our little family up and pushing us through.  Thank you for that!

This past week Steve's best friend Justin came for his now annual tradition of coming for Thanksgiving.  We were really excited for the girls to meet "Uncle Justin" and this Friday they finally got to meet him.  It was adorable.  It was like they could tell this was someone important to their daddy.  They didn't act shy.. they were crawling all over him within 5 minutes.  It was just another one of those little blessings we received as God reminds us constantly that He is in this!

Justin making a crazy face but it made her laugh so who cares?

This was also a weekend of a few firsts.  Saturday morning we work up early to have a family outing.  I was getting one of the girls ready and feeding her breakfast when it suddenly all came right back up... coating her clothes and the highchair.  Well Steve was amazing and came in to clean up the chair while I cleaned her up.  I hated that she'd been sick but at that point we saw no other signs that she wasn't feeling well so we packed up and headed out.  We had a great day and both of the girls were in great spirits.

Saturday night we went through our normal routine and got the girls down for bed.  Everything was great when suddenly in the middle of a dream I hear "Mama!!".... "Mama Katie!!!" I quickly realize this isn't a dream and infact my daughter is calling.  -> side note... at this point if they call we go.  We are still building a bond and want them to learn that their parents will be there and aren't going to leave...<- So I stumble in to see the same baby who had been sick that morning just as sad as can be.  She hadn't been sick again, she just needed to be held.  So this went on for a few hours.  She would settle down and then would wake up again. 

Finally around 3am both girls had woken up and I realized it was going to be a LONG night.  Between getting them milk, changing diapers, rubbing backs and deliriously making useless threats while they whined about nothing we worked through the early hours of the morning.  Around 4 or 5 Steve told me to stay in bed and he would lay with them... but honestly the man leads worship on Sunday mornings so I let that go on a whole 20 min.  I finally figured out that my sweet girl just really needed that physical contact.  She is a MAJOR squirmier when she sleeps but finally exhaustion took over and she snuggled in and we both passed out. 


Sadly her sister didn't get the memo that we were all sleeping in.  She did sleep in until about 8 but then was ready to play.  So she sweetly agreed to play quietly on the floor while mama and "sissy" slept just a little longer.  I finally had to wake my sweet girl up so I could feed them both but  made the decision that they were both going back down at 10:15 an back down they went.  Gloriously they both slept  until 12:15 which allowed for a sweet last few hours before we left them at grandmas.  All in all it was a LONG, EXHAUSTING night but it was worth it.

This weekend Steve and I both noticed the bond growing.  We see  them telling us they love us more and easily recognizing that we love them.  We see them testing but also settling into our routine... well as much routine as we can have in a weekend.  We see them trusting us more and us learning their ways more.  It is getting really painful to drop them off at their grandma's because they become different children.  Their grandma has done an amazing job but she's doing it all on her own.  So I see my sweet, mostly obedient babies suddenly getting defiant and rude with her and it just pains me.  I am anxiously looking forward to the day when they are with us most of the time.

So that's a quick run down.  We're tired and delirious but a happy, happy family.

Be Blessed!

Comments