I Wrestled a Bear Once

Ok, so I've never wrestled a bear, but I thought I could trick you into checking out this blog.   Since you're here you might as well stick around.

This week is a tough week for Katie and I.  Adoption wise, things are going great.  We've acquired a lawyer to represent us for the first few rounds of court stuff that we have this week.  On top of that, I've pretty much been non-existent due either to work or getting ready for our church's Christmas music program.  Last year I think I spent about 2 weeks holed up in a room getting all of the music down.

Quick side note, I read music about as well as I read Latin.  I get the basic gist of it but I don't exactly translate it too well.  So, it takes me a while to get through a sheet of music.  That being the case, by the first show, I will most likely have memorized about 2 hours worth of music because it's too confusing for me to attempt to read it.  Apparently this means I'm weird.

Enough about music though.

Tomorrow is a big day for us because it is the first time that we'll go to court for the kids.  While things are pretty much entirely in our favor there is always this worry about the court proceedings.  If any of them don't go smoothly...well, let's just say we don't want to go there.

Having a lawyer gives us some modicum of comfort but there are never any guarantees.  From what we've been told, this will be the least stressful of all the court dates.  Not exactly a comforting thought.  However, we knew that when we decided to pursue the girls and ultimately they are worth it.

So, tomorrow if you wouldn't mind, please be praying for us.  We've seen God in this every step of the way and we have no doubt that he will continue to show up.  Please pray for peace for the both of us and pray that somehow we actually sleep tonight.

Comments