Blessings and Rest

It's so easy to say yes...have you ever noticed that? It's much harder to say no even though a lot of times no is where we should go.  Wow that was a slightly confusing 2 sentences.  Let me explain, we're tired!  We have been so tired the last few months that everything important to us, our marriage, jobs, family and friends have fallen on the sideline so we could just get through what we needed to do.  Honestly, we didn't even know we were doing it.  We were just doing what we're all told is good.  Be busy, work hard, be involved.  The problem is when you're so involved you don't know when you're going or coming and you have no energy to even talk at the end of the night.  This Sunday God gave us a huge wake up call in the form of a dear friend.  We lead worship for one of the services at our church and absolutely LOVE doing so!! This past Sunday we were there leading and between services I stopped to talk to this friend.  Not long after we started talking she asked me how I was doing.... well to her shock and mine I burst into tears :)  Let me tell you I am a crier but there are not many people who have really seen me cry because I've learned where and when to cry....well that all went out the window this Sunday. 



She sat me down and started talking to me about God's rest and how important it is that we have it.  God did not design us to go every second of every day she told me.  That doesn't mean we sit on the couch and do nothing but find meaninful things to do that give us rest.  As I listened to her talk I heard such truth in what she said.  I began to look and see that Steve and I were taking on more and more and it wasn't making us better it was making us tired and because of that the things we loved were really beginning to suffer.  After much encouragement from her I went back and sang the second set for the service and she left.  After we had finished and walked off the stage suddenly she appeared again and told me she forgot to pray for me.  So we stood there and prayed and I of course began to cry again.... and then the most amazing thing happened.  She looked at me and told me "I'm buying you and you're husband out for a Sunday so you can rest" and put in my hand the exact amount we would need to take a Sunday off.  I just stood there and if you can belive it cried even harder... That someone I have only known for 5 months or so would love me and my husband that much to give us such an amazing gift.  I left there so secure in the knowledge that my Jesus loves me and has a plan for me. That plan is not to be an exhausted, ineffectual mess but to know him and sit at his feet, to rest.  So Steve and I have started making some changes.  We have sadly had to step back from a few things to allow us to focus on each other and the ministry we are still involved in with all of our focus.  We have also started taking walks again which may seem small but is one of my favorite things to do with my love during the week... it's nice to reconnect and rest together!  So thank you dear friend for showing me I'm loved and encouraging me when I needed it most.  You have given me a gift far greater than I ever could have imagined! 

8 days until Steve and I take our 2nd trip together since we've been married!! New York here we come and thanks to her we will not be an exhausted mess at the end! 




His love endures forever!

Comments

Rob Russo said…
Enjoy that much needed break and by all means have a blast in New York!