So Many Decisions...

Tomorrow will be Steve and I's 5 year anniversary.  I cannot believe it has gone by so quickly and love, love, LOVE that man more than I could possibly describe!  God has changed us so much over the last decade.  I would not recognize the teenage version of us anymore...that's how much we've changed!  Simplicity has really become important to us.  Living our lives simply for the sake of the kingdom.  Please don't get me wrong, we haven't sold all we own and we don't think it's wrong to have stuff.  We have just both seen a subtle shift in our thinking and it has happened to us both seperately.  Once we realized what was happening though it's kindove taken off into a new mindset we never expected.  As we've discussed, planned and dreamed about adoption and the future it's different.  We have become careful with what God has given us.  I see us stopping to committ things to prayer and seeking God's will instead of charging full force into what we "think" we're supposed to do.  Prayer in and of itself has become so important to me and to us.  Why is it so often we don't think to pray until we've exhausted every other avenue?  It's so arrogant of me to think I can come to God after I've done what I need to do.... He should be first.  I've seen in the times where I've committed myself to prayer and prayer only that He does things I could never accomplish in my feeble attempts to "fix" things.  So that is why we have started asking people to really begin to pray with us.  We believe and have seen it first hand that when we come to our father with all our requests and seek him FIRST he gives us the desires of our heart because the more we seek him the more our desires begin to become his.  I'm am going to try and be as honest and upfront on this blog as I can.  I want people to know where we are, what we're praying about and what needs we're seeking God's will for.  If you could be praying with us about what to do about our house.  We believe that God has told us we will be adopting at least 2 children but both have had the impression seperately that we will be adopting a sibling group of 3.... yes we know that sounds crazy...it sounds crazy to us to and yet we have a peace about it.  The thing we are beginning to think and pray about is our house is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home.  It is wonderful and we have loved living there but when we bring the kids home in 2 years 5 people will have a very hard time co-existing and not killing each other!  So we are asking God do we sell now and buy a house and if so when and what kind of house and where and well the list goes on and on.  We are not stressing about this but are simpling waiting on him to supply us with the answer we need... not what we want but what we need.  If you could lift us up in prayer whenever you think of us we would be so grateful.  The other prayer request we have is for our babies.  We have started to have a burden to pray for them a lot this week...well to start praying for them. So timewise if we adopt 3 children one of them could be as old as 3 or 4 and that would mean they are alive and out there right now.  That has just stuck with me and caused me to daily pray for their safety.  Having no children this has been a very new concept for me but in the last week something has definetly started to grow in my heart for these little people I have not even met yet.... may sound crazy but it's there.  Anyways, we are blessed. We are happy and we are excited for what's to come.

Hoping all are well!
Katie

Comments

Rob Russo said…
Doesn't sound crazy at all! Awesome stuff is/is going to be happening.

Looking forward to future blog updates.