Time to Stop and Think

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind!  Steve's family got here on the 9th and just left on the 21st.  It was so wonderful having his whole family together!  His parents came over one day and helped us with our AC units which was AMAZING!  Our house no longer feels like our address is 123 the SUN :p.  We also got to go out sailing with them one afternoon.  Steve's parents are passionate about sailing and have been a part of many races and are so much fun to go out on the water with!  While we were coming back in we got hit by a thunderstorm... There were a few moments when the lightening was crashing down in the distance and the rain pelting us that I wondered what we'd gotten ourselves into.  Then I looked up and right next to us were a few dolphins just playing and eating.... I don't know why this calmed me but it did.  There is nothing rational in that but they did!  Overall the time we spent with them was some of my favorite moments with them to date!

This past Wed. I headed down to the OBX for a short 24 hr visit.  My family has been going down there every summer since I was 6 mnths old.  It is home away from home!  Steve wasn't able to come because of work but it was really nice to see my whole family all in one place.  We've been so fractured and all over the place lately.  It was nice to slow down and see each other for who we are and hear about the adventures we're all about to embark on!  I love my family so much and even when I don't get to see some of them that often I cherish them and every moment I have with them!
This was a very introspective 24hrs though... man I feel that lately I have just been learning more and more things I have to work on.  I've never been a person who went out and had to be wild and crazy... I never sought out the party life or anything that went with it.  My sins are much more internal and I would dare to say at times much more deadly and damaging because of it.  When you sin is out there for everyone to see there is no hiding it but when it's all in your way of thinking and thought life it's very easy for people to have no idea of what your struggle are. 
Being the oldest of 4 it's easy to think I know what is right, what people should do and that's it end of story.  That is so wrong and arrogant of me to think that way!  It's so easy for me to see what has been done wrong and how someone should fix it that at times I will miss the person in the situation.  I have really started praying for mercy and compassion to become my mantel.  I want my gentleness to evident to all and not my judgement.  I truly believe the only judge any of us has is Jesus Christ and yet my actions will constantly say otherwise.  Sometimes I hurt so badly for someone but what comes out comes across as judgement.  Man, ok so I'm laying it all our right now I guess... I'm learing right now this blog cannot be only about our journey to adopt because right nowthat is not an every day thing but as Steve and I learn more about who we are in Christ and who we are called to be that will effect that journey and how we react to things on this journey so because of that I'm going to try and blog things as they happen and as I think about them! With that my lunch break is over and I'm off to hand out some food.... pray my gentleness will be evident!
love to all!

Comments

Brooke said…
If there was a "like" button on blogspot, I would click it.
God revealed to me about the inner sin vs. the more outward sin I think about this time last year! Isn't it a relief just having that revelation?
: )
Awesome