Chop-Chop

Katie and I have this running joke in our marriage these days. I started taking Karate lessons in April of this year and it's been pretty amazing. One day out of the blue I told Katie that I was about to go to "chop-chop". It was one of those random things that you say to someone you've been married to for a long enough period of time.

Karate has taught me a lot about discipline, honor, and respect. I think it echoes the truths of the gospel. If you want to run the race and press on towards Christ, you've got to train hard. That training needs to make you sweat. It needs to push you to your limits. It also reminds you know that when you rest, it needs to be purposeful. Katie posted up a few days ago about how we've decided to take a step back on some of the things we've been doing so that we can focus on what's important. Thankfully Karate is not one of those. I think it has something to do with me looking sexy in my Gi or something...

I do look forward though to the day that I get to take our kids to their first Karate lesson. If you've never seen a child do Karate, let me just tell you that you are missing out on one of the most precious things in life. You don't know whether or not you want to laugh or cry because it's just that cute.


Comments

Katie said…
You're so much skinnier than that now :p