The Gentle Weaving of Our Lives...

There were and are so many things that have happened while we've been waiting to adopt that we just never expected.  We have had things come out of nowhere to knock us down... and then in the same fashion give us hope like never before.  One of those things... or rather people came through this blog actually!  A few months ago I got a comment from Melissa.  She had been reading our blog and then one day saw our profile on the Bethany site and put two and two together.  Well through chatting we quickly realized we both live in the same area and we were both waiting... though they have been waiting far longer than we have!  I was so excited to know someone who was in the same stage of life as me... but I had no idea what a gift God had just dropped in my lap.  Last week when we thought all hope was lost with the twins situation she was able to just listen and speak the words I needed to hear.  She was able to shut me up when I started getting ridiculous and even more than that I didn't have to justify any statements that to anyone else would have seemed ridiculous and totally out of left field.  She let me unload my grief and was able to feel it because she has been there too.

Melissa and her husband have one son and have been waiting to bring home their second child for a year and a half... two years if you could from the day they signed all the paperwork.  Can you imagine?  My heart hurts thinking about waiting that long and yet she has done it and with such grace.  We met for the first time in person last week and it was one of those meetings where you sit down and the conversation takes off like it had never stopped.  Almost 3 hours later we walked out of there and I was silently thanking God for someone in my life that just "got it".

I have so many wonderful, supportive, AMAZING people who have been supporting us through this whole process.  I hope you won't read this and think that this post in ANY WAY minimizes the hundreds of hours you've listened to me gripe or the thousands of hours you put into helping me with those yard sales!

But we all know when we find that person who is or has gone through what we are going through... you don't really need that many words.  You can say "they said no" and that is all that is needed to convey the ocean of pain that is swelling.  On the other hand you can say "they said maybe or yes" and they instantly know the swell of hope mixed with fear that begins to overtake the pain.

So all of this to say I am grateful and so unworthy of all of the people that God has put in our path over the last year.  You are all so important to me and SO loved!

If you know of someone who is considering adoption please show them Melissa and Dan's profile.  I am not just being nice when I say they are amazing.

And for those wondering why I would offer up someone else's profile... well I have a very firm belief that adoption is not just about finding a baby that's available.  It is about finding that child and that situation that God has called you to, has created for you.  So I have no problem promoting someone else because it's not a competition and it's not a race.  God has something so much bigger going on and if he allowed me to be part of someone getting to bring their son or daughter home I would feel so blessed!

Be Blessed

Comments