Rambling of My Week

Y'all people can be exhausting!!!  You know we are (and I include myself in this).  I wish we could all just realize sometimes that people are going to mess up, they are going to disappoint or things are going to go a way you may not like at some point.  Let's have a little grace for each other and remember that we are just as imperfect as the one we're frustrated with.  - ok random thought over... I will now commence with the blog.

My life can be described as a crazy, psychotic episode right now.  There have been so many changes, encounters, opinions and emotions flying around that I feel a little crazy!  It has felt like every time we make a decision and start moving forward on something we get hit by something CRAZY!  And I just realized I used the word "crazy" way to many times in this paragraph... moving on.

This post may be random but that is where we are right now so that's no surprise.  We've had lots of meetings on the adoption front lately and there is a lot of movement but it's not anything we can share major details on yet.. I'm sure a lot of you will notice what's up if you pay attention closely :).

I'm in crazy project mode right now.. well in the planning of them that is.  I have to actually be home long enough to do one for them to be completed... this week we got home at at least 9pm almost every night.  We are tired!!

In all seriousness, we are in a place where we've realized how little control we truly have in our life.  We can make all the plans and decisions we want but we're learning to go day by day and even minute by minute when we have to.

I have so appreciated all the prayers and support we've been getting from our church family!  You guys seriously have NO idea how much that has meant but I'm going to try and tell you.  I am in a very tired place.  I am clinging to Jesus but I have run out of words... so hearing from people through this week that Steve and I were laid on their heart, that they were praying for us, that we were lifted up, this was a HUGE blessing.  It was like Jesus knew I couldn't say any more and so began to move others to pray specifically the needs we have but have not shared.

I had one friend tell me yesterday she had begun to pray something specific and it was such a blessing to hear that it was something that had just that week been answered.  God is moving and your prayers are felt and are such a blessing to us.  I honestly just don't have the words most days and that was beginning to make me feel like I was missing out or our prayers wouldn't be heard.. but God's shown me what the "body" is like in such a new way this week.  So thank you!

More than anything God is teaching me that HE is my defender and HE is my warrior and HE will fight for this family.

“Every word of God is flawless; 
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

I have begun to step by step but this adoption into his hands and pray that he will fight for us.  It has been liberating but it's in baby steps.. the control freak in me still wants it back sometimes and that is ALWAYS when things seem to get messy and confusing again.


So we are trusting, we are waiting and your prayers are felt and so needed right now.

Be blessed!  

Comments