Mind Dump

I usually have a specific topic to write about when I blog.. not today.  Today I will write as it comes to me... how spontaneous right??? Not lazy at all RIGHT????

My two sisters live in Australia.  I love their adventurous spirit but really hate that they are so far away.  When something happens here with life, adoption etc all I want to do is pick up the phone and let them know but I can't... cause they live in Australia... the furthest you can get from here.  They will be home in Jan. and it will be very interesting to see where our family is at that point.

I think we're getting power back today!  I walked outside this morning, wet hair, no makeup, and saw the dominion guys out there working away.  I have never been so excited to see someone in my whole life!!  I've been getting ready at work and I can't tell you how OLD that is getting.

really though having no power really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  Sure the getting ready at work part is no fun but the quiet... wow the quiet has been amazing (I use "quiet" loosely since there are generators running all up and down my street).  I've gotten more done at home in 30 minutes than I used to do in 2 hours.  There's something about loosing the sunlight that makes you rush to get that laundry folded.  I feel like a very spoiled pioneer this week... HA!  I just got visions of me in the pioneer days and I didn't last 20 seconds!!

Things are happening on the adoption front.  It's all speculation and wonder at this point but it's happening.  Pray for us as we have a very important meeting tomorrow.  That is all I can say right now.

I have to say another cool thing about having no power is the people you meet that you didn't know before.  My best friends all invited us to their houses but we decided to invade a family we didn't know very well but wanted to get to know better... Monday night turned out to be one of the most fun nights we've had in awhile.  We laughed so hard we were doubled over in pain.  We got fed, did our laundry and just enjoyed a night being a part of a large family.  They kept mentioning how it was crazy but all I saw was how beautiful it all was.  We NEVER regret spending time with people who have large families.  We LOVE being surrounded by kids and hearing their view on life.

I'm developing an addiction to Etsy.  I just. cant. stop!!!  I love looking on there and finding unique things.  I haven't bought a whole lot simply because everything goes to adoption, living and house stuff right now.

Our family will grow a little larger next week as we welcome our niece into the world on Wednesday.  We are so excited... could not be more excited to meet her and spoil her! She is such a lucky little girl with two of the most amazing people I know for her parents.  Can't wait!!!

Ok that's it for today I think.  I've rambled and dumped whatever came to mind.  I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the holiday!

We will most likely not blog tomorrow because of our super, top secret meeting... so check back on Monday and we may have details... notice I say "may".

be well friends!!


Comments

Jodi said…
I am glad I got to be in on a little sliver of your crazy Monday night! I love Amy Rucker and I am glad I got to meet you and Steve through her!
Jodi said…
I am happy I could be in on a little sliver of that Monday night at the Rucker house! I love Amy and Am glad I got to meet you and Steve through her and Wally...and their clan of course!