A Few Of My Favorite Things

Since I've already updated you on things going on and talked about the heavy, heavy issues surrounding the foster system and how we can impact it I thought today should be light, fluffy and just full of my favorite things!! 

First off... FOOD!!

I am in love with Pinterest.  I have found so many amazing uses for it.  It is chock full of inspiration.  One of my favorite things right now is finding and trying new recipes.  Here are a few that I've made recently and loved!! 

Recipe

These Cream Cheese pancakes are amazing!!!  I add vanilla and almond flavoring and sometimes chocolate shavings... the options really are endless AND they are gluten and carb free.  We use Agave Nectar instead of syrup... HUGE win in our house!

Recipe  

I made this chicken last Saturday for family that came over and it was SO good and so easy!  I will be making this again and again and again!

Recipe

Last but not least for food is these scalloped potatoes that are made in the crockpot!!  I substituted cream of chicken soup instead of potato, soy sauce instead of Worcester sauce and used the cheese I had on hand.  They take a little longer than the recipe calls for (if you do them on high) so plan accordingly but they are worth it!

And Now... all my OTHER favorite things (currently)

I have found in the last month that baking soda has become my go to for just about anything I need to clean, soften, brighten or just make better.  It is a miracle and I don't know how I went so long wasting money on so many commercial cleaners when a little baking soda, water and white vinegar can take care of SO many things!!

75 Uses For Baking Soda

I feel the same way about coconut oil!  Not only is it a super food that tastes great but it detoxifies your body, you can use it as a skin moisturizer (which I do), you can use it to soften your hair, use it in place of butter.. really the options are endless and there is  zero guilt!  I use it every morning in my protein shakes! All in all we go through around 3lb's of coconut oil a month... it's THAT good!

Over 100 Uses for Coconut Oil

I have been slowly making changes in the products I use on a daily basis.. moisturizers, shampoo, make-up etc to more natural choices.  This week I started researching organic, vegan make-up and I think I have found a winner!  Really the trick to choosing any product you're going to put on your skin is what are the ingredients and how many of them are there?  The less ingredients the better for your skin... and honestly whatever you put on your skin is going to get into your blood stream so it's something to actually put some thought into. Cost wise, this is half the price of the Arbonne I was using so I'm willing to give it a try and see how my skin feels!

Ecco Bella Skin Products

My sister's spent the last year or so in Australia and when they came home one of the things they raved about was the way people dress there.  Well right after they moved home a Cotton On opened up down the street (It's an Australian based clothing store) and Steve and I have been able to experience what they were talking about first hand and I'm in love!  If you're in the Newport News area do yourself a favor and stop by Patrick Henry Mall and check it out.  The clothes are comfy, baggy but not in a gross way and cheap but they LAST! 

Website

So there you go, a few of my favorite things right now.  What are some things you're into right now?  I love getting ideas!!

Be Blessed!

Comments