A Rambling Ramble

This is a post  full of my rambling thoughts or as I like to call it A Rambling Ramble... Enjoy!




I just had to share with you guys Steve's "mini-me".  This is my friend's son that we hadn't seen in awhile.  We were shocked to find a boy and not a baby and that he was talking circles around us.  WHYYY do kids grow up so fast???

this makes me want to scream...

I read an article last night before bed about dust mites that just freaked me out (thanks Sindi for posting that on facebook).  I honestly barely slept because I kept envisioning these little critters climbing on me and eating my skin... GROSS!!!  Needless to say all the sheets are in the washing machine RIGHT NOW!


This is normal behavior at our house ^---

People have been taking my dad meals since last week.  I can't even begin to adequately explain what a blessing that has been... but I will try.  My mom pulled her back out right before the surgery and here we are two weeks later and she STILL cannot move very well.  She's in physical therapy but it just isn't getting better.  The fact that almost every night during the week they know dinner is taken care of has really just helped so much!  So thank you if you have been a part of that!

I am a very emotional and dramatic person.  I've learned how to control this around "normal people" and really it's only my family that gets the brunt of it.  I'm well known for the fact that small things that the "normal person" would think was just the person running late will have me stating they have been kidnapped for being a government agent and are now being tortured in some remote location... who should we call?  Yeah... I get a lot of stares but at least I keep the dramatics to those I KNOW can't get away from me for being weird.  :)

BECAUSE I have such a vivid imagination sometimes I wake up and punch Steve because of something "evil Steve" (as he's dubbed him) did in my dreams.  This has only happened twice but there are numerus occasions where we wake up and I'm  glaring at him and he just asks "What did "Evil Steve" do this time"?  I love that my husband knows my quirks so well and just goes with them.


I've started playing keys when we lead worship for the college and young adults group.  Now that sounds so much cooler than it actually is.  This basically came about one night when I decided I wanted to try it out even though I hadn't played in front of anyone in 20 years.  The last time I DID play in front of them was the horror of a recital where I had to stop and start the song 3 times and the room was dead quiet (you know that quiet).  BUT I did it and have been doing it since.  It's painfully humbling but I'm having fun doing it :).

I'm reading this book by Francine Rivers where she wrote a short novel on 5 women in the Bible.  It's fiction, but taken from scripture.  I have found it all incredibly emotional to read.  Each story is about a woman who by the worlds standards was a horrible mess or "un lovable".  But God in his mercy sees us for who we are in him and not who we are in the world.  I just finished reading her account of the story of Ruth and it was so amazing to read it all in a story context with thoughts and emotions.  I cried through half of it honestly.  Reading this book has really helped back up the lessons on grace God has been teaching me lately.

And ramble complete!!!

Got any rambles for me??




Comments