Oh How I love You

I just want to write about something amazing God is doing right now... he's re-writing our marriage, our future and both Steve and I.

Just over 4 years ago our whole world was turned upside down by choices, circumstances and well there's no other way to say it.. sin.  We were living for ourselves, spending money like it grew on trees and ignoring the gift God had given us.. each other.  Our marriage was in pieces, we were both broken emotionally and we had no strength to climb out of the monstrous hole we had found ourself in

And then something amazing happened.... Grace.

The last four years (and the rest of our life) has been an amazing demonstration of God's unending grace.  He was the one who picked us up when it looked like our marriage was about to end. He is the one who has helped my husband overcome struggle after struggle as he's learned what it is to be a godly husband. He is the one who has lovingly re-directed me again and again as my stubborn pride takes over and I charge ahead guns blazing.  He has never left our side.  He has always seen us through.  He has restored and redeemed what we made ugly, broken and filthy.  He has made us new.

This past weekend was so amazing.  Over the last month we've been learning some hard lessons about our time.  Everyone wants it and there is only so much to go around.  Steve has worked 60 hour work weeks for the last year or so and it has taken it's toll.  When I was working we NEVER saw each other except at church.  Since I've been home and we've been in this new house our eyes have been opened to how damaging this schedule was becoming.  Some nights I would see Steve for 30 minutes before he had to leave, some nights he wouldn't be home until 9 or 10.  We realized finally that some changes had to be made.

We are in the process of slowing down.  This means work hours are changing, we're taking on less and less and Steve has made a real effort to be home.  Saturday's have become our "sacred day".  This day is for us.  We may choose to share it with others but it will only be for fun things or getting things done around the house.  This past weekend was the second weekend we really got to implement this and it was AMAZING!

From the second Saturday morning started it was just us.  We went to the farmer's market (one of my favorite Saturday morning things), we went and had lunch at Pierce's BBQ (I'd never been there.. .I know I am ashamed), we painted a HUGE portion of the downstairs, we ate amazing food, we watched a movie... we just enjoyed being together!

Finally got this room painted (the brown wall is getting knocked down)

brownie trifle, strawberries and herb cheese from the farmers market!!

I share all of this to bring it back to grace ... as Steve was painting I walked into the room and saw the room that had been painted white.  I just burst into tears because I felt God reminding me once again that this is a season of restoration, redemption and renewal... and that is because his blood has washed us clean.  I know that sounds corny but it was a clear moment for me where he showed me his grace and I was humbled.

I leave you with this amazing video Steve and I made Saturday morning.  I just love it because we've started laughing again and that means so much more than you could ever imagine!



Be Blessed!  

Comments