Weekend Fun!

This past weekend was a fun one.. well mostly fun and that is what I'm going to focus on today :).

Friday Steve and I headed to my friend Mya's house to celebrate her sassy now 8 year old's birthday!  It was a lot of fun and a HUGE eye opener for Steve and I (Steve was the only man there btw... I LOVE that he's totally cool with going to 8 year old girl birthday parties!).  We don't make it out to many kids parties these days simply because we don't have kids so we just don't go.  BUT Mya's kids are the one exception to that rule for us.  We love them like they're family.

 It was hilarious sitting there eating my pizza, chatting with moms and Steve and suddenly I began to notice that every 3 to 5 minutes there would either be at least one girl in tears or a fight about to break out due to some game, toy or just the sheer amount of tiny estrogen from this party.  Steve and I just sat in the corner during presents with our eyes wide.  We loved every moment of it but it was definitely a learning moment for us... if we ever have children and if we ever have girls I think I shall be terrified :).

Saturday we slept in, Steve surprised me with breakfast and we took our time.  We played at a coffee house last night and it was the first time we'd done something like that outside of church.  Most of what we do is worship music so it was fun and surprising to see it translate pretty well into a coffee house setting.  We had so much fun and it meant a lot that so many of our family and friends came out!  Steve and I never put any expectations on our music, we've learned it has to be about God or it's a waste of our time.  We don't know where it will go but we also know that we will play when we can and where we can and just be grateful that He allows us to continue doing it!  Here are some pictures and videos from last night.  They are all from iphone's for forgive the graininess.  If you look real closely in some of the videos it looks like the cutout lady behind me is dancing :)




This is right before I put my foot in my mouth and got sassy...




Be Blessed!

Comments