...and that's when things got interesting.

Yesterday was the closest I have ever come to a panic attack. It may have even been a panic attack. Which is scary because I was driving while it happened.

Now, I've never been a fan of cryptic blog posts or FaceBook statuses etc cause it usually feels like something a 7th grade girl does to get attention. The motto in our household is painful blunt honesty.

Unfortunately today, I pretty much have to be cryptic. I can say that we have been approached with a potential adoption situation but that's about all I can say at the moment.

Now that I have you completely trying to figure out what this potential situation could be I offer +10 pts for the most creative scenario commented (I'm not above bribery to get a comment or two).

While I can't talk about the situation, I would like to talk about how I'm feeling right now.

If you haven't been up to date on current events lately, it's been quite an interesting time in our state. First we had a swamp fire that's been raging for the past month and a half or so, then we had an earthquake, and then there was a hurricane. Apparently, I also heard that during the hurricane there was even another smaller earthquake but no one noticed it.

It totally reminded me of Elijah on the mountain though. If you remember, Elijah had just completely shown up the priests of Ba'al and consequently had them all put to the sword. Jezebel wasn't too crazy about that and went into a murderous rage looking for Elijah. Elijah ends up on the mountain top. He's having a bad day. He's pretty much the only of God's prophets left. He has angry words with God. What was God's reply? "Go outside, I'll be there in a minute."

Then there was a violent storm of wind. But God wasn't in the wind. Then there was a violent earthquake. But God wasn't in the earthquake. Then there was a raging fire. But God wasn't in the fire. God came in the whisper.

Yesterday, I was Elijah...and God came in the whisper...and he got my attention.

Comments

Kim said…
I just came across your blog.. love it! I'll be praying for your family!!

P.S. We're in Eastern Virginia, and I think that "your" swamp fire is the "same" swamp fire that has been making OUR air icky here! ;o) Where are you?
Katie said…
Hey Kim,

We're in Eastern VA too! So I'm sure it is the same fire. The smoke has been insane the last few weeks! Thanks to Irene this past week has been great though.. just no power but we'd take that over the smoke any day!

Thank you so much for the prayers!! We covet them!!!

Katie