Crazy Beautiful!

I'm up to my eyeballs in work.... it's a crazy time right now.  Every year we have a huge event at church where we give out 1600 boxes of food to those in the community who need it.  It was really good last year but this year it's going to be GREAT!  We decided to pack the boxes ourselves this year and really make it a church wide event.  There are so many things going on, so many amazing ways to get involved.  If you go to LBC you definitely need to check out how you can be involved!!!

Over the last few days I've been thinking a lot about restoration.  I've been consumed with God's goodness in preserving relationships I thought were lost at one time... at making them richer and bringing them to a new understanding.... but let me explain...



I have two sisters.  I love them so much... you just don't even know :)  They both are amazingly beautiful, incredibly gifted singers and artists and both light up the room when they are there.  They have been living in Australia since November and I have missed them so much... but I would never change them going for one very simple reason.... my sister Suzie rediscovered who Jesus is while she was there.  I don't think she will mind me saying that... well I just did so she's going to have to be ok with it :)  Through a series of events my sister has realized a lot of things and made some big changes in her life.  I don't share this with you for any other reason than absolute, jump off the wall, scream it from the rooftops joy!!!  I have seen such a change begin to take place in her heart... a softening and a desire for wisdom.  Suz has always had a great ability to read people, she's very good at tuning into others and what they're feeling.  I can't wait to see where Jesus takes her with that.  It's not an easy adjustment, living where she does... and I am a firm believer that when you walk with Christ everything doesn't change over night... it's a slow progression as you grow closer to him, you want to be more like him... but this brings me back to my whole topic at hand... restoration.  My sister and I have always loved each other... but we haven't always seen things in the same light or been on the same page... Every time we talk I feel a little more like we're getting to know each other in a very different way than we ever have... God is restoring and renewing that relationship in a way that is so beautiful!


I have also seen God totally renew a friendship I thought at one time was long gone.  I won't go into detail with that one but I am so grateful to my Jesus for how he knows what is best, how his timing is the one that matters and how his mercy is new every morning.  Last night I sang along side my friend and rejoiced in my heart how he truly is the God of second chances.  He never leaves or forsakes... Great is his faithfulness!

Is there a time the God brought you through something or restored a relationship in your life?  Is there a time you were so overwhelmed by his goodness that you could not contain it?  I'd love to hear about it!!!!



Love to all!






Comments

Kari-Lou said…
I couldn't agree more that God is doing great things in so many peoples lives...I had to open my heart to see how He was moving in my life..and now i can't get enough..