Change is Good!

You know those times in life when you feel like you're spinning, spinning, spinning.  You have so many things going on in so many areas that you sometimes feel you will forget your own name if you put one more thing in your head! Well I am in that place.  I am spinning, I am forgetting, I am moving and I am loving every minute of it.... even the hard ones.

Over the past few weeks I've become busier than I have ever been in my life... no I'm not exaggerating that... it really is.  Friends try to schedule time to do something and sadly they have to go off my schedule not theirs... but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I love what I do.  I love being behind the scenes and seeing the details of God moving.  I love it!  I love seeing that broken person come in to ask for food and see them leave just a little more hopeful.  I love seeing that church member who's fallen on hard times be able to be helped.  I love seeing those go on trips suddenly become fully funded when they had no money to speak of.  I love serving my Jesus.

It's not always easy... I am so prideful and sinful at times.  It is easy to slip into a routine and see those who come for help as an interruption but I have begun to pray that Jesus would allow me to see the hurt and not go on how I may feel about a situation... even the mean ones need love!

Tomorrow we start the first two of three block parties.  I am so excited about seeing these come together and am so grateful for all that have worked so hard to see this happen.  This is only  the first  part of our Acts of Love event with it ending by us giving 1600 boxes of food to those who need it in our community on the 23rd of April. I love getting to be a part of that.  Steve and I both have accepted the fact that for the next month I will be very, very busy... I will be working or at the church every day for the next three weeks... but honestly I love it...

ok, on to the change stuff! :)  You may have noticed the blog design has changed... it is still under construction but we are very excited about the additions.  The first big change was the name of the blog... it is now called "With Love...".  Why the change you ask?  Well God has done a mighty shift in our hearts and we will be applying to adopt domestically in the next few months.  Wow, huge change right?  We know and yet we both have such a peace about it :)  Turns out Steve's parents were right :)!  This changes a lot of things... our timeline has changed quite a bit.  Our family will have grown by summer of 2012.  So that means we have to start raising money yesterday :).  We have a lot of ideas in the works and are really excited about them.  If you want to know how you can help please don't hesitate to contact us!  This is the first big thing in our life where we have known we cannot do it without help... well you know what I mean... we always need God's help but this is something we know he's going to have us ask others to help to provide the way... or give Steve a huge raise :p.

Another change that has happened to the blog is there is a spot for music.  In the coming months we will begin posting things we are working on and updating you on all of that there!  We are really excited to see this progress!

So that's what's going on with us right now :).  We are incredibly excited and can't wait to see how God does all of this!  If you have any questions please let us know... we love talking about this stuff!!!

love to all!

Comments

Love the new look of the blog. Exciting new developments!

And Jes and I would be honored to help. We will have to brainstorm some ideas...

But I hope Steve gets a huge raise, too! :)
Katie said…
:) Def. let us know if you come up with some good ideas!

Love you guys!