You know you wanna.... slide to the left....

So this past weekend was jam packed with activity... what weekend isn't these days though? :) We  have something every weekend until Easter pretty much but it's fun stuff so it's ok :).

Friday night Steve and I got to meet up with our friends Derek and Meredith for dinner.  Derek was Steve and I's best friend in high school and we absolutely love Meredith who we've known for 10 years we discovered Friday!  It was so good to just sit and talk and catch up on each others dreams and plans and hopes etc.  I have so much respect for them and how they've made such good decisions early in their marriage about finances etc.  Wish we'd done that but hey... we all have our hard things!  All in all it was a great night full of reconnecting and I'm sure we will do it again soon... seen orion's belt a lot lately so maybe that's a sign... ok sorry that was an inside joke...

On to Saturday!!!  We woke up early on Saturday and were greeted with the soft sounds of light rainfall... my heart sunk when I realized the block parties may not happen.  So I got up and checked the weather and yes it was going to be cold and cloudy all day but there would be NO RAIN.  So I cheered and we got ourselves together and headed out to the first block party... oh my goodness it was cold!  I haven't experienced cold like that since winter.... I know it wasn't that long ago but your mind does this shift once it's Spring and you forget what cold feels like...maybe I'm alone on this?  I am a summer baby! 

The first block party was slow to begin but suddenly we had about 30 kids running around having a blast!  It was so fun to see them all just being kids and so open to us wiping their noses, zipping their jackets and tying that shoelace for the 50th time.   We ended up leaving there a little early because of the weather and headed to the Towers.  It was so much fun being there.  People came pouring out of the apartment and it was on! 

We grilled over 300 hotdogs there, we gave away more than 400 sodas, TONS of socks and towels and registered people for Acts of Love.  My favorite memories of this weekend were the moments where we were all dancing together... yes even when I was sliding to the right instead of the left and slamming into everyone :).  There was no distinction about where anyone came from or what we do during the work week at the party.  We were all just there having a good time and loving on each other.  There were lots of hugs and smiles.  It was FUN and we were supposed to be ministering... well we were but it didn't feel like it it felt like we were given a gift to be able to spend that time with them.

So if you are in the area and you get a chance come help with the block party on Saturday... I promise you will not regret it!

Wanna see what it's all about?  Click here to see a video of what we did this past Saturday!

Love to all!

Comments