Decisions, Decisions....

Well it's been awhile since I've blogged because suddenly life.... BECAME INSANE.  I don't know of any other way to put it.  It's all amazing and exciting stuff but it's definitely a little insane at times!  I've loved seeing our church moving more and more to send people out to do missions and I've loved getting to be a part of that!  I'm just adjusting to a little more time at work which has made doing other things I love like blogging fall to the wayside for a week or so....

But I'm back and better than ever.... ok well I'm back :)  Tomorrow I will have  an update on our weekend and John Mark McMillan amazingness that we experienced in Chapel Hill.  It was so good to just get away for 24hr with Steve.... more on that tom though.... WITH PICTURES!

SO tonight we are going to a meeting... a meeting on adoption... not just any adoption but domestic adoption... "What is this Katie?  Didn't you guys decide on Rwanda?"  Why yes, blogesphere we did... BUT sometimes there are curveballs in life and sometimes God just gives you that little nudge and this weekend he gave that nudge... it hasn't been anything huge or any blaring signs that made us gather information on domestic adoption... just a gentle shift I've felt happening over the past few weeks that culminated on Sunday. 

Now, we haven't decided anything.... in fact we are only sure of the fact that we are going to adopt at this point.  Tonight is just to gather information and see what it's all about.... I'm scared.  I'll just be honest.  I don't know what God's plan is past that he has adoption for us.. that's it.

I told a friend of mine yesterday that I've really fallen in love with adoption... I don't want to be pregnant.  I want to find my babies and love on them and hold them and squeeze their little cheeks and... ok sorry I'm back :)

We have some very dear friends "D" and "L" who we love so much!  They are foster parents and it's been so much fun walking with them as they have gone through this... they are on their 4th foster baby now and let me tell you... she's adorable.  I said all this came to a head on Sunday... well we were sitting there playing with this little foster baby and she was so sweet and so cuddly and she melted our hearts.  I asked L how long they would have her and when her family would be adopting her and the answer was "we don't know".  L went on to tell me how there was such a long waiting list for caucasian babies right now that there really wasn't a definite timeline for when she would be adopted.  God broke my heart at that moment... I mean literally broke it.  The thought of sweet, loving, totally healthy little ones like this one not having a home because of the color of their skin broke my heart.  I have no judgements for anyone but it was just hard to hear.

I literally cried as we went out to the car thinking about this and that was when we began to talk about maybe God has taken us down this path so that we could get here... to where we've been in the adoption world long enough, and comfortable with it all that we can see the need and maybe this is his plan.

So we're going.  We don't know if this means we're switching to domestic... we don't know anything at this point other than there's a huge need and we are able. 

So we're willing and waiting for his direction as we gather info.  Please pray for us as we go through this!

Love to all!


Comments