One Year Ago Today...

I  went back through posts today.  I was updating our timeline and just remembering where we've been in the last year.  So much has happened.  We have learned so much, felt so much... too much to put into words right now.  I wanted to share the post from Dec. 22, 2010.  It comforted me to read and remember that no matter where we are and what we are experiencing this Christmas season... it truly  is all about that little baby.  That sweet, adopted baby that was and is the answer for us all. 


The silent cries of our heart

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 
 
Today has been such an emotional day already and it's only 10:40 in the morning!  I am so humbled, grateful and in awe of my Jesus.  He takes care of every detail.  He knows my heart, he knows what I need and he just takes care of it.  No questions asked.

I have cried a total of 3 times since 8am.  Pretty sure in 30 min. I'll be crying again! :)

So this morning I woke up and checked my email really quick.  I found an email from Steve letting me know some dear friends of ours had donated $100.00 to help with the adoption.  It was such an amazing way to start the day.  Knowing that we are loved and supported.  It was a sweet reminder that we are headed in the right direction.

Today I get to participate in one of my favorite parts of this job.  I get to facilitate a family getting Christmas that couldn't have otherwise.  We had a dear family in the church adopt this family.  It was so amazing to see God's hand in all of it.  The mom told me when I called her to tell her they had been adopted that all her kids had decided the day before to do Christmas shoe boxes instead of get gifts.  What a gift from God!  My office is full of gifts for them right now and the mom is on the way.  I can't wait to see her face.  I only wish the family that made all this possible could see it but I understand the desire to be anonymous!  So fun!!!

Today has just been full of sweet moments, hearing stories from different people of how God provided something they desired.

He hears you.  Even when you think he doesn't, that it's too small a request or that you aren't worthy.  He hears you.  The beauty of a relationship with Jesus Christ is it's not about how good we can be or whether we get it all right or even deserve it.  It's about him.  It's all about him.  It's about his blood covering all our sins.  It's about his goodness and love for us even when we don't deserve it.  This Christmas remember the tiny baby that came.  That baby went through every emotion you will ever feel.  He understands, He loves you, He hears you.

He hears the silent cries of our heart!

Comments