Polka Dots Make Me Smile...

So Wednesday was my dear friend Kari's --th birthday.  She doesn't want to think about being in her late 20's so I'll leave it at that.  We didn't get to celebrate then because Wednesday's are crazy and I was home recovering from a form of sickness.  So it was decided that Thursday night a few of us would carpool over to Ghent and paint our little hearts out... paint pottery that is!

The night was hilarious and so much fun!  It started with me driving and then panicking in Ghent because of traffic and making Mya drive to find us a parking spot.  Once we found a spot we had a lovely frolic in the rain to the place.  Erin you did not look like a "dude".  :)  A few years back Steve took me to Color Me Mine to celebrate my birthday and I've been wanting to go back ever since.  There is something so fun about being able to paint and express yourself and who gives a care if it doesn't turn out well? It's mine!!.... Ok well I didn't care some others (that I will not mention...) did care.  :)

So we painted and laughed and second guessed our creativity and at times our sanity.  We ate sugar and oh I ate a lot of sugar and those that know me well know I don't ever eat sugar... not really it makes me sick and nasty.  Literally I am more likely to be mean if I eat sugar... but that peanut butter cupcake was worth every bite... and I ate it in 3!... just being honest here :).




















All in all it was a lovely night and I really loved that we all got a few hours to just be "us".  To not have to take care of anything or answer any questions.  We were able to tap that hidden talent for pottery painting we didn't know we had and wow... there's some genius there!!!  But seriously I think women and mom's especially don't take time for ourselves.  We think about everyone else and we then get frazzled and burnt out at the end of the day from meeting everyone else's needs and not our own.  I'm so blessed to have these amazing friends who will grant me this whim and go paint pottery just for us.  For not other reason... just us!  What have you done today to take care of yourself?  To fill a need you have?  If the answer is nothing... take a few minutes.  It doesn't make you selfish, it makes you healthy!

love to all!

Comments