Worthy Is The Lamb

This past weekend was one of my favorites in a long time!  Steve and I had it all to ourselves to be together, get some projects done and just laugh a lot.  Sometimes when things really get moving and we're doing a lot of things we forget to laugh... are we the only ones who do this?  When we get these weekends together we remember how much fun we have together and that we're best friends and not just husband/wife.  I love him so much and am so grateful for him.  God teaches me so much through him and he doesn't even know it.  I thought I'd write a little about our weekend today and some about what I/We've been learning lately about our God. 

Friday we were given the priveledge of leading worship for the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia E412 conference.  We helped lead, not lead ourselves... just wanted to clarify that.  It was such a fun day getting to spend time with other musicians we don't usually get to see because we serve in different services.  It was also such a blessing to be able to minister to these men and women who many of them I'm sure are and were very tired!  I constantly stand back and am amazed that God allows Steve and I to serve him in this way... He really does give you the desires of your heart and they are ALWAYS so much better than you dreamed.  By the end of the night we were tired but energized and it was such a fun way to Spend our Friday day and night!  The icing on the (sugar-free) cake was that my parents were in the choir Friday night and so it was a lot of fun getting to do music together for once!!!

Saturday I woke up CRAZY early.  For those that know we well you know that early for me used to be 9:30/10am.  We like to sleep.  But lately God's been doing something in my heart where I just can't stay in bed too long.  I want to be active, I want to do something.  So  I woke up and began getting ready for the day.  Once Steve was ready we headed out and saw a movie... at 11am!!! It was glorious to be out that early.  The movie was terrible but it was fun just being toghether.  After the movie Steve consented to allowing me to go to TJ Max.  I found a bunch of goodies for dirt cheap because they were all on clearance... so I did a happy dance a few times... even if it was in my head!  We then proceeded to finish details for Sunday's Mock Rock Choir Practice and grocery shop for ourselves... which was huge because we had not gone grocery shopping in weeks!!  We finished the day with  various movies while I made breakfast bars and smoothies to freeze.  All in all it was a perfectly glorious, ordinary day and it was so nice to just be with Steve the whole time!!!

Sunday we woke up early again and headed out to lead worship at church.  It was another great day at LBC! We really love the people we work with and serve.  Seriously... know that you are loved if you are reading this.  We love that you support us but more than that we love that you treat us like family.  We had our MR Choir Practice yesterday and it went so well!!! Steve and I were beaming from ear to ear on the way home.  Everyone came ready, knew the songs and it was just fun!  Then to top it off God dropped an amazing gift in our lap but more on that later!  Just know that we are honored to serve with and for you Liberty Family!

So unbeknownst to us Steve and I have both been reading Ecclesiates lately.  God has really used it to stir up my heart and get me moving... literally.  vs 3:20 says "All go to the same place, all come from dust, and to dust will return." .... and a little further down  vs. 22 "So U saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot.  For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?"

So yeah... Ecclesiastes can be a depressing book if you don't read it right... it talks alot about how everything is meaningless and if you are  having a bad day well that's just all you want to hear right?  But the more I've been reading the more I've felt something stoking in my heart... a desire to do the best I can with the time that I have been given.  A desire to cherish the moments I have and make them count.  A desire to work hard.. not just look at a project but get it done.  Not just appreciate my husband but love him and desire to make my time with him count.  Even the bad days I want to find a way to make those into something beautiful where God is glorified.  I'm learning to take things to Jesus when I'm upset with something at home or in life.   If it's a person I'm upset with they don't always have to hear everythign I'm thinking... sometimes all I need to do is take it to Jesus.  I've seen that bring me so much more peace and joy this weekend.  There are times where I get frustrated with things in our house and just want them to be done... but I would stop and start praying when the negative would start creeping in and suddenly things were a lot brighter and I was able to see what I could do not what I couldn't! 

So just some thoughts on what I'm learning these days.  Make moments count because you don't get them back... but even more than that make them glorify God... even folding laundry :)

I leave you with this song that has been rolling around in my head since Friday! Listen and be encouraged that even His name is powerful!!!




love to all!


Comments

j.masters said…
thats awesome! yall are so awesome!
thanks for visiting!!! where are you adopting from??
Katie said…
Well originally we were all set to begin the process to adopt from Rwanda (which is how I found your blog) but God has radically changed that over the last few weeks and now we are in the process to adopt domestically. We have a peace about it but know one day we will probably focus back on Rwanda but that was not his plan now.