You Are My Hope

It's a rainy Friday, fall is finally here with all her fury and glorious chill!  I love Fall, I love jackets and boots and I think I've gone over this before so I'll move on.  Head out to pick the girls up this afternoon and I am so excited.  It will be a weekend of holing up in the house, playing, laughing, singing and just being together without too many "have to's" thrown in the mix!  Sigh... it will be glorious!

I wanted to take a few minutes and tell you about some of the things that God has been doing lately.  We have continually seen his faithfulness and goodness as we go through this journey.  Every time our fear and doubt begin to take hold he shows up in a big way and totally shocks us (you'd think we'd get it already).  God really is our defender and has this worked out.  He really does!!!

So about two months ago, this was before we had started our glorious weekends, we got an email from a social worker involved in the case.  She made some statements and suggested that we should go another way instead of the twins.  Well it shocked us and made us take a step back.  We argued, went over options, re-read the email and then FINALLY began to seek God... we have so little faith that we wait so long.  We decided that we would keep moving forward unless God closed the door.  We both felt that was what God was saying and we felt good about it.  So we decided the next day we would keep our date to have the girls for a few hours.  So unbeknownst to me Steve prayed a very specific prayer.  He prayed that God would give him a sign.  At this point we had not heard from the grandma if we were the family or not.  We were still going on the "maybe's and we'll see's".  So Steve prayed that if God wanted us to move forward that we would hear something definite from Gina.  He also prayed that he would see that the girls were forming a connection with him.  At this point they were connecting to me but hadn't had as much time with Steve.


Well true to God's faithfulness we walk in the door of the grandma's house and not 3 minutes after walking in the door both girls grab Steve and drag him off into the next room.  Very quickly we hear squeals and laughter.. it was glorious.  I was smiling and just enjoying sitting in the kitchen chatting with their grandma.  Suddenly she looks at me and tells me we're the family and lets move forward with the paperwork.  I was so excited!  I didn't find out until later how God had been speaking directly to Steve that whole time.  He didn't tell me until the DAY AFTER what he had prayed.  He is so faithful.

So fast forward to now.  We go to court in the next week(ish).  We had met with a lawyer and decided to go with him.  I wasn't comfortable with him but knew that I needed to commit it to prayer.  I didn't talk to Steve or anyone about my concerns... I just prayed.  I prayed that God would remove him if he was not supposed to be our lawyer.  I prayed he would make it clear.  Well last night we got a letter in the mail from that lawyer stating he could not represent us because he had previous interaction with the family.  It was a shock that he had waited so long to tell us but there was such a relief and a sense of peace in my heart.  God heard my cry and answered.  This man was not our lawyer.  We are meeting next week with the man we would like to represent us and I just have such a peace.  God is fighting for us.  He is our defender and deliverer.


So I don't know where you are today.  Maybe you have something big you're trying to figure out, maybe things feel like they're out of control, maybe things are great.  Rest in the promise that He is our defender. Cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7.

And lastly... on this cold, rainy day here is a big of sunshine:)
if you are getting this via email you will need to go to the blog to see it.


Comments