2012

From what I've heard this will be the last year we're all here so I guess we better make it a good one :)


I'm so ready for 2012.  2011 wasn't bad.. it was actually a very good, stretching year.  I learned a lot about myself.  I learned more about what makes me tick, what I'm passionate about and Steve and I grew closer than ever.  I think that is the thing I am most grateful for, this amazing man I married.


I remember as a little girl thinking about the man I would marry and how it would be perfect from day one.... well that kind of relationship doesn't exist.  I am imperfect, mean at times and well.. human. Surprise of all surprises Steve is too :).  But this year something happened and we found ourselves more of a team.  I think parenting the twins for four months was a HUGE part of that but also just the process of adopting period.  I love that man so much.  He never stops moving forward, he doesn't settle and he is the kindest person I know.  So the biggest thing that came from 2011 was a deeper appreciation for this man God created just for me!


As 2012 begins it finds us working on music and excitedly preparing to record our first EP.  I have begun playing the Mandolin which is so much fun... challenging but fun.  This year is the year of simplifying our eating, growing a successful garden in the back yard, and things getting as natural as we can manage/afford. This is a year for me to learn how to be home, slow down and take care of myself so that I am at my best to take care of our child/children when they come.  This is a year of continuing to be in ministry but learning different aspects of it. This is the year of miracles as we hopefully meet our first child/children and miracle of all miracles we will have the $11,000 we still need to adopt.  This is a year to learn to be still... or at least more still.  This is a year to focus on that "one person" God brings. 



I've got all of these ideas of what this year will be and what it will bring but honestly I have no idea.  I'm moving towards the things I feel God stir my heart for.. health, music and ministry.  I'm trying to stay open and follow his word and his leading.  I'm trying to quiet the noise of what I'm told is a  good plan for this life we're living and find out what God's plan is... even if it seems totally ridiculous. 

Honestly, there is a lot that has been racing through my heart lately... the orphans all over the world and here in the USA who need homes.. they need families who love God and will shower them with his love. 

This has been heavy on my heart.  If we truly believe what the Bible says about loving our neighbor as ourselves, taking care of the orphan and the widow and serving God with our life then how can we ignore what is going on? 


How can we see the MILLIONS of children in the United States who are growing up without any hope of stability and not say "I can take one."?  It starts with one... it always does.  Can't we each help one??

I know we can.

Praying this year is a year of change, growth, hope and adventure for all of us!

Comments