Fight the Fat!

Two weeks ago I did the unthinkable... I posted my weight for all the world to see via the internet.  My thinking was I can't be the only one that is struggling with this and what better way to stay accountable than for all these people to know my weight.  So I took the plunge and it has been the best motivation!  When I first weighed in I was at my all time high of 192.  Two weeks later I am currently at 186.5 and feeling good.

My friend Melissa has been a godsend through all of this. She is one of the only people in my life who is mostly in the exact same place as me.  Our paths have been completely different and the end result may look completely different... but she's been my person.  This in no way takes away from my amazing friends who have been so supportive!!  Melissa just understands when I say "It's been a bad day." that I'm probably not talking about burning dinner or being stressed. 

Anyway, Melissa has also been my "workout buddy" over the last three weeks and it's nice knowing that I'm going to have someone cheering me on or kicking my butt depending on the need that day! 

So all in all I'm feeling really good about my "fight on fat" :).  I've started using My Fitness Pal almost every day and that has really helped me track my calories and figure out how much I need to be working out each day.  It takes the emotion out (well most of it) and helps me to focus on my goal.. even on the bad days!

So that's my update for today.  I promise I'll keep things updated as we go but for now I've lost 5lbs and feel healthy so I'm happy!

Have a wonderful day!

Comments