An Overdue Update

We head off to the beach tonight and will be out of commission until next week.  I am SO ready and am counting down the minutes.  We've gone to Nags Head, NC since I was in diapers and it truly is a home away from home.  We love it so much that one day Steve and I hope to get a timeshare or something down there so we can continue the tradition of Nags Head... honestly my hope is that all of my siblings will continue to meet us down there every year so we can continue the tradition!

A little over a week ago we went fishing with my dad to celebrate Father's Day.  It was a great day that ended with us catching 16 flounder and just having a great time!!





The last week was a busy one.  We hosted two separate events( one being Steve's birthday party) with 12-20 people each, finished up our home study, saw some unexpected doors open and I began to get sick. By Sunday I was full on "curled up in a ball on the couch" sick.  Steve had to be at church all day but it didn't really matter cause I just dosed in and out while watching movie after movie.


Steve's Birthday Dinner


We didn't have enough candles... that would have burned the house down:)

I'm on the mend now but still very much in the middle of the sore throat and painful ears.  I'll live but it will make for interesting singing this week.

Two week's ago we began to notice a leak coming from our downstairs ceiling.  Long story short we discovered the entire master shower has to be replaced... We are being helped by Ryan LaTulippe who owns his  own tile company.  If you live in the Hampton Roads area we HIGHLY recommend him!! The man knows his stuff!

Today I woke up to a text from my husband letting me know his car has to be towed to the shop and we aren't sure what it's going to cost this time... last time the bill was over $3000.00.  I'm trusting there is a plan in all of this but that car has become a lemon and a bane on our existence.  Hoping the people at Chevrolet will make it right this time.  The problem is a manufacturer error and not wear and tear.

I'm working on opening an Etsy shop in September.  I am affectionately known as a "hippie" with my family and one of the reasons is I make salves for bug bites, muscle aches, sensitive skin and arthritis.  I love making them and giving them to friends.  One of my friends off handedly asked if it was something I would ever want to sell and the wheels started turning.  I'm really excited about the possibilities with this!



We have a few other ideas/things in the works but none that can be shared at this point.. lots of changes though!!

We heard yesterday that our Home Study was finished and we are simply waiting on approval from the supervisor.  We are expecting to be approved next week and then who knows :).

My final thoughts for today are on the fact that this has been a difficult week.  It feels like one thing after another is crashing down.  I know we are in a transition period right now.. like many other's I know.  We see big changes coming and some of them scare us a little because they will have a huge impact financially.  We are learning that all the money in the world can't satisfy if you aren't where God calls you.  We are ALSO learning that having NO money CAN satisfy you when you ARE where God calls you.

So in all the chaos of this last week and all the financial, emotional and locational changes that are happening we are trusting that God is faithful, He has a plan and we are going to step through every door he opens... even when we can't see what's on the other side.

Here's to blind faith my friends!  It's when we accept the blindness and trust Him to lead that we begin to understand what it is to be His child.

Comments