.. choosing my battles

I'm battling frustration today.  I KNOW the 1 year old needs a nap.  I KNOW she's going to go crazy in about 2 hours RIGHT in the middle of the time I will have her... BUT her mom wants her up.  She can't stand to hear her cry and I understand.  She's 16, she doesn't have the understanding or maturity or  experience to understand that the baby needs sleep and to eat at regular times.  So today I'm stepping back and letting her take care of the baby... it's hard though... that 1 year old sure knows what buttons to push.

Yesterday was a GREAT day!  We started off the morning with A. and I having a talk about attitude (pretty sure I mentioned that yesterday but I'm too lazy to check).  I was prepared for anything after that talk but she was perfectly pleasant.  She got her hair done and it looked amazing... I mean it better after 8 hours.  She was so happy and we were happy seeing her light up.



Last night Steve and I slipped off for a few hours and had dinner with our dear friends Melissa and Dave.  They are one of our couples that just gets where we're at because they are in a similar place.  We don't have to explain things.. we just catch up and talk.  It was a much needed time to decompress and vent some things we can't just put "out there".

I had to stop in the middle of writing this to attend to a few things and my heart kept getting more and more aggravated because I just selfishly wanted quiet right now.  Slowly my eyes were opened though to realize that A. is walking around the house singing and dancing.. her heart is light today (even though she had a job interview today and didn't get the job) and then when I asked her to feed her daughter she went right into the kitchen, got the food ready and then PRAYED with her over the food.

This melted my heart and reminded me that I am so imperfect and so ill equipped for this job.  The AMAZING thing though is that my Jesus has this.  So in my imperfection, sin and selfishness he is still able to work and create something beautiful in that sweet, sweet 16 year old.



Praying for grace as I continue to learn... 

Comments