A Picture Says a Thousand Words...



 On Thursday of last week Steve and I headed to beautiful Panama City, FL for a few days with his parents.  It was such an amazing time with them and so peaceful!  One thing I appreaciate and love about his parents so much is the fact that they were ok with us doing nothing or keeping a slow pace.  We have been going non stop for so long it was nice to slow down and sleep :)

Steve's Mom
Friday morning we headed out to their boat and sailed several hours to Cricket Island.  It was a beautiful day and the island was completely empty of people!  We anchored right off the shore and played boccie ball on the island for a few hours.  I discovered that day boccie ball is NOT a talent of mine.  I felt bad for every person who had to be on my team... it was pretty much a given that if you were on my team we would lose.  If I was supposed to throw long it went short... short it went long.  I would throw the ball exactly where I needed it to be and it would mysteriously bounce away at the last second.  Steve's parents were very gracious about my lack of skills but really I was terrible!!

That night we cooked hamburger and hot dogs, feasted and then just sat and enjoyed the stars.  I drifted lazily to sleep under this amazing canopy of stars that I haven't seen in a long time!  You know I realized while we were there that really I haven't stopped to look at the stars or been somewhere where I can see them in a very long time!

That night Steve and I ended up sleeping on the deck of the boat and it was so restful and relaxing!! I slept like a baby!

We ended our time at CI with a long walk on the beach looking for shells... which I just realized as I type this I left on my in-laws patio table... sorry momma :)












We got back to the house Saturday evening and ate a feast like I have not eating in forever!  Amazing is all I can say about that!  We ended the night with the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie which we really only got about 30 min. into before Steve and I were passed out!


Sunday we got up and attended a local church.  It was really nice sitting in the congregation and being a part of things from the "other side".  The rest of Sunday was spent reading (me) while Steve helped his dad install a flag pole.

At the end of the day on Sunday Steve's parents gave us a huge blessing and helped us get one step closer to bringing our baby home.  We are so blessed to have them in our life and love that they are so supportive of us!



All in all it was an amazing trip and we were so grateful that they gave us such a restful and relaxing time!

love to all!

Comments