Heartache to Heartache

.... Yes that was a shameless 80's reference and you will like it!!!  Oh my gosh can I just tell you I feel a little beat up right now.  I'm just going to be honest... cause what's the point of my own personal blog that I lie on???  I have had a really rough 4 weeks.  I have been incredibly stressed, sick.. SO sick, busier than you can imagine and it really isn't letting up it's just changing forms.  So if you see me and I've forgotten something of yours or let you down in some way... be gentle.  I'm prone to tears these days!!!


So we hard our yard sale... you know... THIS YARD SALE.  The amazing one that pushed us to the edge of our most recent goal.  It was amazing and God showed me how little my faith is and how he really does so much more than I can ever imagine.  The night before I had a very stressful moment where it all felt like it was crashing in.  Things kept breaking, I was tired and there was this person who was crowding my set up... I went in my room and litterally threw a little tantrum.  Erin witnessed it!! I'm not lying.  I threw things and cried.  Well they wisely got Steve and he came, handed me my Bible and told me "take some time to calm down".  So I did.  I sat and read and what did I turn to?  The story of Jesus on the water with the fishermen and the storm.  I was reading and then God hit me in the face with "He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." Matt. 8:26.  Please also note it was in bold red in my Bible so it was like a road sign from God telling me "shut up already, realize I have this and stop trying to take it back." So I took a big breath and went back outside, was calm and it all worked out in more amazing ways than I could have ever dreamed!  


More recently I've been battling bronchitis for the past 3 weeks.  I would think I had it beat and then it would come back with a vengeance.  It has been so frustrating.  I finally had to stop trying to do everything while being sick and just be sick and let my body rest.  I'm still not 100% better but I'm much better than I was... I haven't had any embarrassing emotional breakdowns this week in inappropriate places... yeah... that happened :(.    


I leave for Kenya in 12 days... I cannot believe it's that close.  With the yard sale, work, travel and life in general I really haven't had much time to think and plan for it... but now I am and I cannot wait!  It is going to be a great trip!


So that was just a little update into the life of a Day... it's crazy, emotional and slightly off kilter most of the time... but I still wouldn't trade it for anything!


love to all!

Comments