Crazy Rain

Well my feet are wet, my shoes are wet, the bottoms of my jeans are wet..... it's raining and I don't mean nice, slow, short lived drizzle.... it is POURING and has been for 2 days now.  I woke up this morning with the thought that if we get a big storm after all of this we may be in a little bit of trouble.  But I'm not going to focus on that..... much :)

I was thinking the other day it's time to write a little about myself.  I try to be careful with the details I give on here but wanted to describe a little of who I am and what I have experienced so far:)

I am the oldest of 4 siblings.  Being the oldest is one of the hardest, most fulfilling, crazy places you can be in a sibling line up.  Being bossy comes naturally, you want to be liked but understand it probably won't be all the time... or very often, you have things you want to accomplish but also want to make sure your siblings get their chance.... just as long as they do it my way... just kidding ;).
 Growing up in my home was most of the time wonderful!  My parents brought me up to love Jesus from the moment I could understand what they were saying.  It sunk in at an early age and I remember asking Jesus into my heart during bath time at 5 or 6.  I remember having such a burden to protect my little sisters and later brother when he came along.  I never wanted them to be hurt.  That never went away.
 I can never remember a time I didn't sing.  I thought everyone could sing. When I was 15 I started singing in front of people more.  I was an extremely shy child.  I could get lost in a group in seconds.  The only place during that period that I felt comfortable was singing.  I was never nervous or shy when I was singing worship.  I started helping with worship in first priority at my high school when I was 16.  One day one of my friends asked me to sing but told me" there's 30 people here and no mic so you're going to have to sing loud"....well that was the beginning of learning to be heard :)
When I was 16 I also started a band with a couple of my friends.  Man that was such a learning time and so fun most of the time.  We wrote our own stuff and played it in local bars, talent shows and coffee houses.  We had a total freedom and abandon to just be creative and we went with it.  Now most of it wasn't any good but we had a blast doing it!  That is what matters.  I will take away so many amazing memories from that time!
That year I also met this really hot guitar player at school.  He was in a band as well and we decided for a school talent show to combine our bands into one huge amazing wall of noise.  He stole my heart and 6 1/2 years later I became his wife :)

Being married to Steve and starting this adventure with him was one of the best things I've ever done.  We were brought together by music and it's been a very twisted road to bring us to where we are now... leading worship.  We love being able to be used this way.  We love being able to pour out our hearts and at the same time join our hearts with others as we praise His name.  Lately we've been getting a burden to begin singing our own heart song to God.  We don't yet know what that means or where he's taking us with that.  The only thing we do know is every time we walked away from leading worship God has brought us right back.  He has made it clear to us this is a part of who we are even if it's only the two of us singing in our living room!

Tonight we get to lead again and I'm excited about it! I've started trying to really focus on how much of an honor it is that my Jesus would consider me worthy of leading his people in worship.  That he would see all the ugly, filthy, darkness inside of me and still allow me to do this.  I am humbled, I am grateful, I am fulfilled.

It's exciting to not know what is going to happen as we trust his leading.  Right now we see some things that are far off like bringing home our babies but we don't know the exact steps that will bring us there.  We don't know what will happen along the way or who will partner with us as we journey.  We're excited and waiting somewhat patiently for his guidance.

love to all!

Comments