This past weekend was fabulous!  Actually the fabulousness started on Thursday so I'll start there.  We recently started going to a new community group.  We needed something we could do together that was closer to home.  We joined Amy and Jessie Garcia's group and have so far loved it.  We are doing a book called imarriage.  It's def. a into into marriage but it's good stuff!  It's made me think all week whether I'm putting expectations on Steve or simply striving to support and love him and allowing him to fulfill my desires.  Sounds simple right?  WRONG.  The book points out how often we let our desires become our expectations and then when our spouse does something for us we don't even appreciate it because we expected it.  This has really made me stop and think a lot this week! 

Friday night I had a scentsy party at my house.  If you don't know what scentsy is you are seriously missing out!  Check out their stuff here and buy from Mya because she's amazing and my best friend :).  It was a small group that came but a really amazing group of women.  I remember praying right before everyone got there, "Lord let this go well and everyone have a good time." or something like that.  It was a great time and it was so neat to see how God brought together those specific women who had so much in common and were able to lift each other up.  I love when fun turns into encouragement on top of everything else!

Saturday Steve and I got to play with two of our favorite boys.  Their mom and I have known each other since we were little kids and it has been really neat being able to be involved in her kids lives.  Steve and I love them like they are our own. ( There are only 4 children we consider ourselves very close with.  These are two of them and the other two are Mya's girls.) We took them out to the park and then to my families house to celebrate my little brother turning EIGHTEEN.....Watch out Hampton Roads :).  It was an amazing time of seeing my brother celebrated and seeing the family come together to love on him.  He is such a compassionate, loving, tough and determined soon to be man and I love him with all my heart! 


Saturday night ended with Steve and I curled up on the couch watching "New In Town".  That movie cracks me up.  Yes it's incredibly predictible and corny but the accents are fantastic!

Sunday we were at church all morning and it was such a sweet, reaffirming time for me.  Steve told the Genesis service that we were going to be adopting and it was sweet seeing poeple come up to us after and hug us and tell us they were and are praying for us.  People I don't even know... it's humbling.  It was also a sweet time of resting in God's promises and truth.  I remember when Steve and I first got married my desire was to have at least 3 kids by the time I was 30.  I'm 27 now and have no babies but in the next two years will have 2 to 3 all at once.  It was a gentle reminder from Jesus that he knows my heart, gave me these desires to be a momma and has been molding us and moving us to where he wants us to be to fulfill that desire. 

Steve and I have fears about all of this.  We feel unsure at times about how our kids will feel about looking nothing like us, will they like us, will me mess them up.  I think this is normal though... right?  Whenever we start to worry though we try and put it right back into the hands of Jesus and trust his plan.  He knows how we will raise all this money, he knows how we will sell our home and buy one to fit us all, he knows how we will financially work it all out... the list goes on and he knows it all.  That blows my mind and encourages me so much!  Jesus knows what's going to happen and because he knows he's preparing me now for later.  Pretty cool.

Anyways, I am blessed.  I am resting in the joy of the Lord.  I am trusting his promises.  I am following his leading.  I am loved.  I am happy.  I am chosing to look at things this way no matter what comes up the rest of today.

love to all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Katie-

I am so excited for you and Steve! My parents adopted me when I was 5 days old. Let me tell you, there is no greater gift than a child chosen specifically for you. You will be blessed!!

Love to you
Cari Sisney, Clinton, Missouri