Rwanda

How cool is this?  Steve and I both wanted to find a way to learn some of the native language of Rwanda... ok I guess now is when I'll say it, we're going to be adopting from Rwanda, the Land of a Thousand Hills!


We are very excited but also know we have a long wait and road ahead of us before the kids are even home!  Steve posted in his last post that there is a suspension of adoption in Rwanda right now as they assimilate into the Hague convention.  This is a very good thing!  It basically means you have to work with an agency when adopting and are protected under the conventions laws from anything unlawful.  We don't know yet if this will affect us timewise but we are waiting patiently. 


We were talking earlier this morning when we heard it about how neat God's timing is.  I was so resistent when Steve told me God was telling him we needed to wait until next Summer.  I wanted to start now.  Essentially I wanted my cake and to eat it to.  But when we read the news this morning it was a gentle reminder from Jesus "I've got this guys.  I know who your babies are.  I know when they will be ready.  It will not happen before the time is right."  What a relief! 



 This also gives us more time to get the house ready to sell, save and raise money for adoption costs, cover this in prayer and just enjoy the experience.  I don't want it to be a bundle of stressful nerves as we anxiously go through this process.  I want to enjoy it, even the ugly bits and know his hand is guiding us.  It's so obvious, I see it in everything. 


Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Mine will be full of friends, festivals, family and cleaning.  Once again my house has gotten away from me :)


love to all !

Comments