Latest Happenings and thoughts running through my head...

So last week I was a major slacker on blogging... actually I've been a slacker for a few weeks because I've had pictures I wanted to post on here and they have just sat on my camera... bad Katie :)

A few weeks ago we participated in the Fusion Amazing Race.  It was epic, painful, fun and downright crazy at times.  My brother and youngest sister were a part of our team and we had SO much fun.  I did think right at the beginning that I was not going to be able to complete this race.  Our first clue/challenge had us tearing down the Noland trail frantically trying to find Amber who had our next clue... well those who really know me know I HATE to run and those that don't know me well well now you know.  I hate it.  I use our families history of bad knees as an excuse but honestly it boils down to why make my lungs hurt that bad??? WHY? To win a race, that's why.  So I ran.... for about 5 seconds and then could not breath... I mean I was gasping, burning lungs, coughing and more I will spare you from.  It was epic.  After tearing through the woods, hoping fences and running through a field we found Amber, got our clue and headed off.  That was the first 20 min. of the race and I thought "there's no way I'm completing this if everything is like this" but it wasn't.  We did finish and we finished in second... that sounds amazing until you hear we started in first place and were beat by the team that started out in THIRD.  But Doyle you rocked and solidly kicked our butts :) Can't wait until next year.... well as long as there's no running :)


This past weekend was AMAZING.  One of my closest friends from high school came and stayed with us Saturday and Sunday.  Randy Smith is one of the craziest, honest and fun people I've ever encountered and we love when we get to spend time with him.  He's actually the person who introduced Steve and I, although I don't even know if he realizes that!  We spent all of Saturday catching up, showing him what has changed in the area and laughing.  We laughed a lot and it was so good!  There has been so much introspection and working on our marriage lately, it was nice to put all that aside for a weekend and just laugh, play and enjoy time with our friend! One of the funniest times was watching Steve and Randy battle it out in our living room.  The pictures say it all!



Sunday we had the annual Liberty Fest at church.  It was a great time with our church family and to make it even more special my parents and youngest sister were there with us!  It has been very special for Steve and I to have them coming to our church these past few months.  I didn't realize how much I missed that connection until I started having it again. 


I have really started to enjoy the hot yoga classes I've been going to.  It's nice to have something where it's me challenging myself, it's quiet and I come out feeling like I've accomplished something and want to take on the rest of the day. 

That's pretty much what's been going on.  I'm going to do better about blogging.  I think of posts all the time but sitting down and actually writing them out is harder.  I hope everyone is having a great week!  I feel blessed, rested and loved.  I hope you do to!

love to all!


Comments

Anonymous said…
oh wow, that's what I look like without a shirt on. Ok, now I understand why my gf wants me to jog more often.