Storms, dreams and FOOD :)

So we survived.  Earl that is .  The cyclone of death proved to be nothing more than a few spats of water and a little wind.  I will shamelessly say I was a  little worried about this one but am thrilled it came to nothing! 

I DID learn something through all of this... gasp... here comes the "deep" part (and i'm noticing as I write I'm in a somewhat sarcastic mood so I apologize in advance).  Yesterday I started worrying about things.  I worried about the house, about my neighbors trees that they refuse to prune back, the trash at the end of the drive and my life.  It was all completely, totally and absolutely ridiculous!  It's actually quite hilarious now that we saw what the storm really was :)  Last night as we finished putting the outside furniture in the garage Steve and I stopped and prayed.  We prayed God's will for this storm and our house.  It quieted me pretty quickly.  As I did my quiet time this morning I read from My Utmost for His Highest.  Here is a quote from it that made me stop and rethink the last few days:

Until I do pour these things out before the Lord, they endanger those I love as well as myself because they will turn to lust.  We can be lustful in things which are not sordid and vile.  Love has to get to it's transfiguration point of being poured out onto the Lord.

I started thinking about how worried I was about my "things" yesterday.  I got so focused on that that there was room for fear to come in.  It wasn't until Steve and I came together and prayed and gave it all to God that I became peaceful.  I need to stop focusing on my lust for things and dive into a love for Jesus!

Now we've slowed down a bit this week which has been wonderful for me!  I've gotten more projects done and just feel generally productive!  One thing I've started getting back into is my love for cooking!  Last week Steve bought me a magazine FULL of soup recipes.  I love making new soups, they stretch forever and taste better each day!  Well I tried one earlier this week that almost made me decide to not make another thing out of there!  We affectionately called it the "poo" I mean "fiber" stew :D.  But I decided to not let that twart me.  I made a cassolet stew last night that was to die for!   Pictures are below and if you want the recipe just let me know and I'll send it to you.  I'm too lazy right now to go find it and type it out :)  

 I know you're thinking it looks like lasagna but oh no ... beneath the surface was an amazing blend of spices, chicken, sausage, bacon and so much more :) I'm also hungry as I'm writing this... that might have something to do with it!


Yes Steve ate all that bread... ok I helped a little but it was mostly Steve :) We had a weak moment and needed comfort food... come on a storm was coming!

 And here was the end result... food coma... please notice he's still chewing and has bread IN HIS HAND!!








Ok maybe not food coma but definelty headed there!





All in all it's been a good two days.  I learned to let go of my need to know what's going to happen and put it in God's hands and we had some good eats!  Ok all this talk about food has left me pretty hungry so I'm off for the night.  Have a great weekend everyone!

LETS EAT!

Comments