Video

I found this video today and really loved the story.  This woman was moved by the hurt she was seeing and the situation these kids were in and just started taking kids in to her home.  She started with two and now takes care of over 5,000.  That is insane!  How often do we meet people who go out and create change?  How often do I just settle for "well I don't think this will happen so I won't try".  I don't want to be afraid of what might happen but strike out and see what does happen. 

I humbled this morning to realize how stubborn and foolish I am.  I have been given so much and am so blessed to have a husband who loves me and is so paitient with me.  I have treated him terribly over the last two days, focused on how people who are supposed to be close to me have made me feel and sadly I took it all out on him.


A few days ago I read Proverbs 14:1 which says "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."  I instantly started thinking of people who could be considered "foolish women" who might be tearing down there house then prayed for humility.  Ha, what a joke right?  How prideful of me to think I'm the wise woman.  Not two days later, this morning Jesus poured it all out in front of me and said "take a good long look at who you really are."  I am the foolish woman, I have been tearing my house down with jealousy, insecurities, cynicism, anger, bitterness and defeat.  I have been looking at things and thinking "I should have this." or "Why aren't we doing this?" 




Instead of thanking God for what he has given me.  I have been restless, selfish and put myself before others. I had to beg forgiveness this morning from Jesus for how awful I'd been acting.  It is amazing how he forgives me and loves me each time I do this even though we both know one day in the sadly not so distant future I will take it all back and bring out that monster again.  His grace humbles me.  His grace makes me want to go out and like the woman in that video try new things for him.  His love makes me want to love those I come in contact with.


I'm humbled today. I am quiet today.  I have been forgiven by Jesus and Steve and am grateful for it.  I'm learning to stop looking out for answers, change and adventure and start looking in and up at the one who made me, made my desire for adventure and change and excitement and will fullfill it in his time.

Steve you are so patient with my stubborn, prideful, willfull self.  I love you and want you to lead!





love to all!

Comments