Great is His Faithfulness

Money has always been something we struggle with.  We both are free spirits when it comes to "things".  We don't plan out purchases by nature.  We have had to over time relearn this and man did we have some painful screw-ups along the way!

Two years ago we went and enrolled in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  It's a 13 week course that teaches you how to handle your money in a way I had never heard before.  We always had what we needed growing up and so I never questioned how to "do" money or what it meant to plan a budget.  It was the beginning of a slow shift in Steve and I.  We began to see our money as His money not ours.... well kinda.  Like I said it's a slow shift.  We're going back next month to take the class again at our church as a refresher... like I said "slow shift" :)

A year ago God really worked on us with the matter of tithing.  He made it completely clear that we were out of his will because we were just giving here and there.  We had to make some choices about how we wanted to live and began to tithe regularly.  It was like one of those stories you always hear.  We had several huge financial blessings all at once.  Now I've always been the one who kinda gets skeptical when you hear all the stories of how someone tithed and then suddenly everything went right.  Well I learned it's not the act of tithing but the attitude of your heart.  When we submitted completely and gave it all over that's when things turned around.

I just have to stop and tell you how great our God is.  He has provided for us at ever turn.  He has provided for us when we didn't even know we needed it.  We have a Christmas Missions offering at our church every year called the Lottie Moon Christmas offering (that is the flyer I designed at work).  Steve came to me a few weeks ago and told me he felt God really laying on his heart that we needed to give.  Well yesterday was business as usual and he picked up some side work.  When he got home he couldn't wait to tell me what happened.  At church on Sunday Steve felt God telling him a specific amount that we needed to give.  December is always a tight month because of all the time off I have for the holidays.  I was worrying but he kept telling me not to worry but to pray and trust.  So yesterday he came home and told me the amount he was going to be paid for the side job he's doing... it was the exact amount that God told Steve we were to give for Lottie Moon.  I broke down right there in the kitchen.  I have been so worried about how we will sell our house and what we're going to do in the next few months that I had stopped looking to Jesus for the answers.  It was such a sweet and complete reminder from Jesus that he's got this.  He's bigger than any problem or obstacle we can or will ever face.  I came away feeling so loved and so grateful for a husband who seeks God's will and doesn't back down.

love you Steve!

love to all!

Comments